Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
What are the specific pros and cons of ReserFS?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrWoland
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:06 am    Post subject: What are the specific pros and cons of ReserFS? Reply with quote

I don't really understand what's special about it and why one would use it. Anyone?
Deranger
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because it's faster than ext-3 and it's very stable. However, ReiserFS (3.6) is being obsoleted by Reiser4, which should be the fastest and the most stable Linux filesystem. All actions are atomic, and this prevents corruction extremely well.

Reiser4 is still labeled as experimental, but I've been using it several months without any problems or whatsoever.

PS. Use the search function, you'll find millions of "what filesystem is the best" threads ;)
DrWoland
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oktane wrote:
Because it's faster than ext-3 and it's very stable. However, ReiserFS (3.6) is being obsoleted by Reiser4, which should be the fastest and the most stable Linux filesystem. All actions are atomic, and this prevents corruction extremely well.

Reiser4 is still labeled as experimental, but I've been using it several months without any problems or whatsoever.

PS. Use the search function, you'll find millions of "what filesystem is the best" threads ;)

Sorry, boss, that is true, I did not search the forum. So should I reinstall with Reiser before I'm too far along?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: