View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eric_UK
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 4:03 pm    Post subject: YASRQ Reply with quote

Hi,
I have done the search for speedtouch, and notice it all seems to relate to the benoit userspace drivers for the speedtouch USB, does Gentoo not support the kernel method yet ? I am currently using SUSE 8 and this is all built in to the kernel which is 2.4.18, where as 1.4rc is 2.4.19. ?
userspace is not as efficient as kernel, whilst this may be a good soloution to get hooked up now to do the install, would it not be better to have PPPOA support built into the final kernel, whilst I appreciate that 99.7% of people use PPPOE this is not terribly useful for the .3% that use PPPOA even though we are perhaps a minority in most peoples eyes, we still exist, and have a voice that needs to be heard,I appreciate that this may be an exrtra effort for some people, but remember how Linux started with probably a very small minority of people wanting something different.

Reading other posts, it appears that no one has been successful in setting up speedtouch with the main howto not the benoit one

If anyone has managed to set up speedtouch usb PPPOA other than using Benoits method, I would be interested to know.

I do not have anything against Benoit or his soloution for this, but surely a more permanent soloution is required :o
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: