View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FelinIree
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:48 am    Post subject: Keyboard code problem Reply with quote

I am running in specific Tinyfugue in xterm, specifcally spawning a script with ´xterm -j -s -bg black -fg white -e tf &´, and am receiving no difference in keycode (ctrl-v then the key to see the literal character code sent) between various combo of alt-keybad, ctrl-keypad, and keypad. This problem also exists and is testiable with the same character code responses out of a normal bash script out of Konsole (ctrl-v then hitting the character). My specific interest in this is to use TinyFugure (a MUD client) keybinds to bind by character code the keycodes.

Each character combiniation I have already identified there to be no matching key combo inside the KDE shortcuts (I had the same problem with other MU* clients I tested so knew to check shortcuts already). I have also for experimental purposes (I´m an old UNIX person so this used to always work on issues liek this :D) tested my TERM variable against /etc/termap entry and it doesn affect the output data at all. I´ve also experimented with some keyboard layout options and such via Control Center but to no avail.

Anyone have any ideas?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: