emerge system interrupted
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boolean
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:17 pm    Post subject: emerge system interrupted Reply with quote

ok, i'm currently installing gentoo on my laptop. and i'm probably messing it up and am considering restarting. here's what i've done.

first bootstrapping finished and then part of emerge system. i interrupted this (^C) when i noticed my make.conf was not written back after bootstrapping.

after this. i redid bootstrapping. this time my ake.conf was copied back. however now, there are still 4 system packages that were not compiled with my optimizations. can i unemerge them somehow? i am not too familiar with emerge and 'emerge --help' did not tell me much about how to do that. how can i list what packages are merged? then i suppose i could unmerge them manually.

or should i just start over at this point? i don't mind doing that if it makes my system cleaner.
rac
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: emerge system interrupted Reply with quote

boolean wrote:
however now, there are still 4 system packages that were not compiled with my optimizations.
Which four? They may have good reason.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: