View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erik Andersson
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 7:11 pm    Post subject: One click is turned into two! Reply with quote

For some reason I have the problem that single (mouse) clicks are morphed into two clicks. When I click on the "back" button I often go back two steps, when I click in the KDE panel the app will open and close immediately, menus pop up and disappear etc. I haven't made any major changes to the system in the last six months and I can't think of anything that would have caused this. It just popped up a couple of days ago.

Any ideas?
Erik Andersson
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like it's a hardware problem. I tried using Windows and had the same problem there. Hopefully it will go away, I checked the cable but it seemed ok.
vod
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it happens to me also!
But not very often. It happens no matter what app is running, but more often with some, like the kde panel. (maybe i notice it more there because 2 apps open instead of one.)
Annoying ain't it?
Erik Andersson
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The extra click doesn't always create any problems, e.g if you click on a link everthing will appear to be normal. But the KDE panel and menus are very sensitive to the extra click. I could live with it for a couple of days, thinking that I had messed something up, but since it was the same it Windows it was obviously h/w. Then today when clicking somewhere I suddenly got something like 80 mozillas with the profile selector and some error. I had to kill X to escape that mess, everything was just flashing around...

It's probably just some dust underneath the button but I don't know if removing the button to clean it is such a good idea. I think I will have to return it to the store. I'm using an old mouse now and it works fine.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: