Wierd FTP Errors
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arainach
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject: Wierd FTP Errors Reply with quote

First off, this isn't my first Gentoo install. I've done more than I can remember (at least 20-30), including at least 4 successful installs on the machine I'm having problems with right now. I've never seen this error before, though, so I'm puzzled. I wiped my partition table and started a State 1 install about 12:30 A.M. EST today. I noticed that it was wierd because it said the timestamp on the portage snapshot I downloaded was in the future, but I ignored it. I'm on a 2004.3 x86 Minimal LiveCD. Partitioning and Formatting were fine; bootstrapping went like clockwork; I typed "emerge system" and went to bed. When I woke up, I got a wierd error about a file not existing. Another emerge sync (the second one I had had to do) fixed that. But the file after that keeps getting this error, and I'm puzzled:
(Pardon any typos; I'm in links while doing this)
Code:
--10:57:43--  ftp://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/download/cmd_tars/acl.2.2.27.src.tar.gz
  (try:4) => `/usr/portage/distfiles/acl.2.2.27.src.tar.gz'
==> CWD not required.
==> PASV ... done.    ==> RETR acl.2.2.27.src.tar.gz ... done.

10:57:43 (0.00 B/s) - Data transfer aborted.
Retrying.

I'm currently running mirrorselect to try and go from another server, but any idea what's causing this? Did I screw up somewhere?
kimchi_sg
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Wierd FTP Errors Reply with quote

Arainach wrote:
I noticed that it was wierd because it said the timestamp on the portage snapshot I downloaded was in the future, but I ignored it.
Code:
--10:57:43--  ftp://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/download/cmd_tars/acl.2.2.27.src.tar.gz
  (try:4) => `/usr/portage/distfiles/acl.2.2.27.src.tar.gz'
==> CWD not required.
==> PASV ... done.    ==> RETR acl.2.2.27.src.tar.gz ... done.

10:57:43 (0.00 B/s) - Data transfer aborted.
Retrying.

I'm currently running mirrorselect to try and go from another server, but any idea what's causing this? Did I screw up somewhere?

No its not your fault. Something's wrong with the server.

Edit the acl/acl-2.2.27.ebuild as per this post, changing the SRC_URI.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: