Thoroughbred Basic Installation Problem *!HELP!*
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ToMaC
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:15 pm    Post subject: Thoroughbred Basic Installation Problem *!HELP!* Reply with quote

I am in the process of installing Thoroughbred Basic on this new Gentoo machine I built. But everytime I run the installer "install -n" the process rails the CPU 100% and it never goes anywhere. The installer works on a Mandrake 10 machine that I have but will not on Gentoo. Both of these CPU's are running dual Xeon's with the 2.6 kernel. I'm thinking it might be some kind of library or path problem but I have no way of knowing. Unfortunetly support for this product costs several thousands of dollars that I would rather not spend.
This is kind of a last ditch effort for me as I REALLY don't want to revert to Mandrake for this server. As always, any insight is appriciated and any question that you have for me that might help assist you are welcome.

http://www.thoroughbredsoftware.com/
racoontje
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you tell it to be verbose?
ToMaC
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunetly no, the installer is very poorly written with no --help at all. It is completely text based and I get as far as entering my serial #. After that, CPU goes through the roof and it never gets any further.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: