Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Using rox, rox-session+oroborox, and have a few quwstions.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
planetsheinker
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 5:29 am    Post subject: Using rox, rox-session+oroborox, and have a few quwstions. Reply with quote

Using rox, rox-session+oroborox, an have a few quwstions.
1). For some unknown reason some png files would not show a thumbnail in the rox-filer and some would, how could that be?

2).When I was using GNOME, if I would put a file in ~/Desktop it would appear on the desktop,
and how would I acomplish this in rox+rox-session+oroborox?

3).How to creat a launcher that runs the app as root?
RdsArts
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Using rox, rox-session+oroborox, and have a few quwstion Reply with quote

planetsheinker wrote:
1). For some unknown reason some png files would not show a thumbnail in the rox-filer and some would, how could that be?

Not sure, may be a bug.

Quote:
2).When I was using GNOME, if I would put a file in ~/Desktop it would appear on the desktop, and how would I acomplish this in rox+rox-session+oroborox?

ROX's desktop is a XML file, not a directory. To add things, you just drag them from the filer window. There's also a SOAP-based way to add items, but I can't remember where the documentation for this is. =\

Quote:
3).How to creat a launcher that runs the app as root?

You'd need to write a script that runs sudo and sets the DISPLAY enviroment variable, then just runs rox-filer.
planetsheinker
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Using rox, rox-session+oroborox, and have a few quwstion Reply with quote

Quote:
2).When I was using GNOME, if I would put a file in ~/Desktop it would appear on the desktop, and how would I acomplish this in rox+rox-session+oroborox?

ROX's desktop is a XML file, not a directory. To add things, you just drag them from the filer window. There's also a SOAP-based way to add items, but I can't remember where the documentation for this is. =\

Maybe you know where is this XML filre located? And what does "SOAP-based way" mean?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: