Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Please, options to disable middle click paste?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stoffe
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Please, options to disable middle click paste? Reply with quote

I know this is an old question and that you've probably seen it before - because I've been googling for it for days and seen it a lot - however, no solutions.

It's the same old: middle mouse click pastes what was last selected - and I really need to remove that feature, because everytime I scroll the page in Kate, the console or whatever using the scrollwheel, garbage is pasted, which is really annoying. Partly fault of the mouse, of course, but I don't want to buy another one, besides I don't personally use middle paste anyways.

All the time this question comes up on the internet it seems the answer is "you can't", usually with a lecture on how much better and more intiutive this way is, and/or that "it can't be changed because many like it".

Well I'm fine with keeping it in X, and having it on by default, but could it really be that there is no option for turning it off if you do that conscious descision and know what it means?

I know it is a longshot, but maybe someone here knows some way of doing that? If it takes a hack, then by all means... ;)

I'm running KDE, the mouse is a seven-button MS explorer (5+up/down to be exact). Any, and I mean any enlightenment would be so very appreciated. Thanks!
gspr
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the reply you wanted, but here it goes: Uhh... what are you going to insert copied text with then?
stoffe
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are other ways to copy/paste text you know. In fact, the select/middle click one isn't even really considered a copy/paste, it is "insert whatever is selected here" without going via a clipboard.

I'll just use CTRL+V or SHIFT+Insert or...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: