Strange behavior
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SkyLeach
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 2:37 am    Post subject: Strange behavior Reply with quote

I recently did an emerge -uD world. One of the things updated was that libdirectfb (dev-libs/DirectFB) was upgraded from 0.9.19 to 0.9.20. For some strange reason, this was not marked as a dependancy on my system.

Now I have a very large number of packages/apps which are broken looking for libdirectfb-0.9.so.19 which is no longer on my system.

I've tried revdep-rebuild and it finds all of these packages which are broken:

Code:

All prepared. Starting rebuild...
emerge --oneshot --nodeps  =dev-python/pygame-1.5.6 =games-action/spacetripperdemo-1 =games-fps/unreal-tournament-goty-451 =kde-base/kdeaddons-3.1.5 =media-gfx/blender-2.28c =media-gfx/imagemagick-5.5.7.15 =media-libs/libdv-0.99-r1 =media-libs/libmovtar-0.1.3-r1 =media-libs/libmpeg2-0.3.2_pre20030625 =media-libs/libsdl-1.2.6-r3 =media-libs/openal-20020127 =media-libs/sdl-image-1.2.3 =media-libs/sdl-mixer-1.2.5-r1 =media-libs/sdl-ttf-2.0.6 =media-libs/smpeg-0.4.4-r4 =media-libs/xine-lib-0.9.13-r3 =media-libs/xine-lib-1_rc2 =media-plugins/xine-dvdnav-0.9.13 =media-plugins/xmms-goom-1.99.4 =media-plugins/xmms-infinity-0.2 =media-plugins/xmms-jess-2.9.1 =media-plugins/xmms-nebulus-0.5.0 =media-tv/tvtime-0.9.12 =media-video/avifile-0.7.38.20030710 =media-video/mjpegtools-1.6.1.90-r1 =media-video/mplayer-0.92 =media-video/smpeg-xmms-0.3.5 =media-video/transcode-0.6.11 =net-im/gnomemeeting-0.98.5 =net-libs/openh323-1.12.0-r1 =net-www/links-2.1_pre11 =sys-libs/lib-compat-1.3

but rebuilding them does not fix the problem.

In addition, I've been seeing other strange symptoms. For instance the configure script for media-video/smpeg-xmms-0.3.5-r1 is saying "checking for SDL - version >= 1.2.1... no" but emerge -s libsdl shows:

Code:
skyleach dev-libs # emerge -s libsdl
Searching...
[ Results for search key : libsdl ]
[ Applications found : 1 ]

*  media-libs/libsdl
      Latest version available: 1.2.6-r3
      Latest version installed: 1.2.6-r3
      Size of downloaded files: 1,994 kB
      Homepage:    http://www.libsdl.org/
      Description: Simple Direct Media Layer
      License:     LGPL-2

So clearly SDL is there and clearly a version > 1.2.1.

I've tried env-update, etc-update, ldconfig and nothing seems to help.

http://www.skyleach.org
anjames
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been experiencing a similar problem, only with upgrading libdirectfb from 0.20 to 0.21. The SDL problems were due to some unresolved dependencies which revdep-rebuild took care of, but I've still to repair the libdirectfb problem. I should note that revdep-rebuild appears to take notice that a number of programs have still libdirectfb dependency problems but it says at the end that there are no unresolved dependencies and doesn't emerge anything.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: