I want to get reiser 4 and possible love sources going
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XST1
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: I want to get reiser 4 and possible love sources going Reply with quote

I'm going to install gentoo all over again for the purpose of running Reiserfs 4. I know im going to have to install love sources to get it running, but there is no ebuild to satisfy that in portage. Also, since the gentoo minimal cd doesn't contain Reiserfs 4, how would I go about reformating my harddrive at install time? Any help would be appreciated thanks.
Moloch
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quick search reveals this. I used it during my last install. As far love-sources goes. I already had mine in portage overlay shared via nfs to my other comp. In your case you ought to install an existing kernel in portage that has reiser4. Once you boot into your system you can then download the love-sources ebuild. Since chaning kernels is as simple as changing your underwear, while changing filesystems is a big pain in the ass.
XST1
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moloch wrote:
A quick search reveals this. I used it during my last install. As far love-sources goes. I already had mine in portage overlay shared via nfs to my other comp. In your case you ought to install an existing kernel in portage that has reiser4. Once you boot into your system you can then download the love-sources ebuild. Since chaning kernels is as simple as changing your underwear, while changing filesystems is a big pain in the ass.

Does nitro-sources support reiser4? I wanted to install love-sources but its not an ebuild in portage and nitro-sources is. It would be easier to emerge nitro-sources if it did in fact support reiser4. Thanks.
nixnut
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XST1 wrote:
Does nitro-sources support reiser4?
Yes it does.

talk is cheap. supply exceeds demand
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: