Multiple errors emerging system on clean install
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xaake
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Multiple errors emerging system on clean install Reply with quote

First off this message is written from lynx and I don't know how it will look, I have not used Lynx before!

I am trying to do a clean install of gentoo 2004.3 I succeded doing it the 2:nd of January, but there was problem with mount, I tried to solve the problem, but it didn't work.
So I decided to redo the entire install, and since then there has been nothing but trouble.

The first thing I ran into was emerge system exiting with an error when trying to compile something (I am sorry but I can't remember what, think it was openssh) This was solved simply by restarting emerge system then it compiled and moved on to the second error.
This was iputils wich refused to compile and complained about no parser available, there was obviously some other problems with iputils too, that was fixed around the 5:th, but my problem still is there.
The iputils problem I managed to solve with the help of a post that said to do a emerge --pretend system | less and manually emerge packages after iputils in the listing, then go back to emerge system. I emerged about 15 packages before emerge system worked again. But to my dismay it exited with an error again!

This time it was the ebuild for glib that failed on its dependency gtk-doc, wich gave some sort of error. I came around this problem by doing USE="-doc" emerge glib
But this solution is only partly good since now everytime something has a dependency on glib it wants to add gtk-doc, so I have to manually check the dependencies and emerge them one by one (sigh).
The USE="-doc" is not for me since I want the extra docs!

The thing this thread is about is that I am interested in knowing what has happened, I have installed gentoo 4-5 times before using different releases and never had any problem with emerge system, and suddenly there are several!
Did GCC or Portage get updated recently thus leading to incompatibility problems with several tools or what happened?
Xaake
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solution to the last problem with gtk-doc is to:
emerge docbook-xml-dtd
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: