View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xadium
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: KDE 3.4 beta2 weirdness Reply with quote

Hi

Noticed a couple of strange things happening with the new beta which didn't in the old one - and I was convinced there was a feature freeze!

Firstly, Plastik doesn't work. I can select it and apply it and all is funky but then new windows revert to this obscure non-Plastik square-ish buttons theme even though the Plastik theme is still applied in Control Centre. Keramik works fine. I haven't upgraded QT since the latest kdelibs, kdeaddons etc have been installed (surely Keramik would've broken had I?)

Next thing, my Volume wheel on my keyboard no longer works. If I load Amarok then it springs into life and I get a Volume OSD (which looks totally crappy compared to the previous version in beta1 and pre-3.4) but it fails to actually adjust the volume!? I can go up and down and get changing percentages but there is no change to the actual volume. Pretty but useless, or should that be pretty useless. Has anyone noticed anything similar, is there anything I can do? I'm installing from the big mean beastie ebuilds.

As a last resort I've deleted my config (/home/ali/.kde3.4) and started from scratch but no cigar. Any help greatly appreciated.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: