View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ebrostig
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: E17 and background.db Reply with quote

I have been playing around it E17, but since it is still very much a developing system, it is not well documented

My problem is how to actually use some of the very nice Themes/backgorunds for E17. This page states that you need to do:
Code:

There is currently no soft mechanism to change background db's. In order to use these (or your own!) bg.db's you need to replace the file: $HOME/.e/desktop/0/.e_layout/background.db . Simply cp the background.bg.db you want to use over this file (if it exsists, otherwise create it) and if E doesn't automatically start using it in about 20 secs, restart E. You can view bg.db's using Ebony.

I followed this instruction and restarted E17... Nothing, just the same background.

So, I continued to look around and found some information over at E Developers Forums which indicates that the background.db should be located in :
Code:

~/.e/desktop/default/.e_layout/background.db

Does not work either.
I have also tried to put the damn thing in other locations under ~/.e or ~/.enlightenment, all to no avail...

HELP! :)

Erik
olof
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that page is rather old. Backgrounds are now in .eet format, and should be located in .e/e/background/ (at least mine is, and it works). To load a background, do:

enlightenment_remote -display :0 -bg-set /path/to/background.eet

Since all the backgrounds on that site are in .db format, I don't think you can use them.

As for themes, the only way I know of to change it is to replace the default theme (/usr/share/enlightenment/data/themes/default.eet). But there is a folder .e/e/themes/ so there is probably some way to load themes instead of replacing the default, but I don't know how.
ebrostig
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auch!

Yes, you are 100% correct ofcourse... Thank you!

I was just not reading enough source nor paying enough attention to what was already installed.

When that is said, are there any great themes available on the new format out there?

Erik
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: