View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snelltaylor
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject: Resolution modes with ATI Radeon in KDE Reply with quote

After a bit of work, I finally have Xorg and KDE working, but now all I can get KDE to output is 1600x1200. It doesn't matter what I change the resolution to once I'm in KDE, it just resizes the desktop on the screen, the monitor is still displaying 1600x1200 (or so it claims, but I believe it).

I have a Radeon 64 Vivo, and a Viewsonic PF790 monitor.

I looked in my xorg.conf file, which I configured using an app which I can't remember (arg), and I'm using the "radeon" driver for the video card. When I ran Xorg --configure, the xorg.conf.new had "ati" for the driver for my card, as well as the PCI slot, etc. It also detected the card as a Radeon 7200, which is about right . . . the 7200 and the Radeon 64 Vivo are just about the same thing.

In my xorg.conf file, I do have all the valid resolution modes, as well as the correct refresh rates, etc. listed from the manual of the monitor.
Which driver should I be using, and what can I do to actually switch resolutions?
sstaylor
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno how the original post date was so screwed up, I posted this less than a week ago. Hopefully this post will bring it to the top of the list where it gets seen.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: