Gnomad can't find Creative Zen Micro
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sadako
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: Gnomad can't find Creative Zen Micro Reply with quote

I just got a new Creative Zen Micro, however after emerging libnjb and Gnomad2 I still can't use it, Gnomad just reports
Code:
No jukeboxes found on usb bus

However, the device is listed w ith lshw, and the "removable storage" functionality works perfectly.

I've done some reading around, and the Gnomad2 project homepage states the Zen Micro is supported, however the current version on the site is 2.6, whereas the latest in portage in 2.5.

Also, I've read a lot of recommendations for compiling the latest libnjb from cvs, but I have absolutely no idea how to do this.

Has anyone got theirs working, or could anyone tell me how to use the cvs code? (And do I need both the 1.3 libnjb from cvs AND gnomad2 2.6, or just one or the other?)

Thanks for any help you can give me.
techko
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: zen micro Reply with quote

You don't need to use cvs versions of libnjp , I downloaded gnomad 2.6.1 source and libnjp 20xxx..., unmerged old gnomad, compiled&installed libnjp then same thing with gnomad and it was working.just make sure that you 've old firmware on your zen(1.3) 2XX.. will not work
househead
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way I could get my Zen Micro to work with Gnomad was by using the guide on the gnomad site, using the cvs version of libnjb and gnomad-2.6.3....

1) emerge cvs (if you dont have it already)
2) follow the guide at http://gnomad2.sourceforge.net/?section=article using "./configure --prefix=/usr" instead of just "./configure" (do this for both libnjb and gnomad
3) put the following in /etc/portage/package.provided
Code:
>media-sound/gnomad-2.6.3
>media-libs/libnjb-2.0.0.20050120

4) restart hotplut
5) plug zen in
6) start gnomad

It's not a very slick piece of software with the micro i have found, It seems to play much nicer with my friends Zen Extra (40Gb). File transfers on windoze are about 3 times as fast (2-3 seconds per song av.)

Let's hope for some updates soon!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: