Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Mozilla 1.2.1 - how to close "personal toolbar"?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whit
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 1:59 am    Post subject: Mozilla 1.2.1 - how to close "personal toolbar"? Reply with quote

For some reason the freshly emerged 1.2.1 does not have the stripes to the left side of the toolbars that allow collapsing them off the page. Nor can I find anyplace in the menus to get rid of the "personal toolbar" that uselessly takes up real estate with a duplicate of "Bookmarks" and advertisements for "The Mozilla Org..." and "Latest Builds". A small thing, but intensely annoying.

Has Mozilla actually dropped the feature of being able to collapse the menu bars ... hmm, yes it has, calling them "confusing toolbar grippies." Damn, I found them quite useful.

BTW, found that the contents of the "Personal Toolbar Folder" are listed under Bookmarks, but deleting it there has no effect on - it still displays with the same junk. Can this be gotten rid of in some obscure configuration file?
roTor
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 2:21 am    Post subject: Re: Mozilla 1.2.1 - how to close "personal toolbar" Reply with quote

whit wrote:
For some reason the freshly emerged 1.2.1 does not have the stripes to the left side of the toolbars that allow collapsing them off the page. Nor can I find anyplace in the menus to get rid of the "personal toolbar" that uselessly takes up real estate with a duplicate of "Bookmarks" and advertisements for "The Mozilla Org..." and "Latest Builds". A small thing, but intensely annoying.

Has Mozilla actually dropped the feature of being able to collapse the menu bars ... hmm, yes it has, calling them "confusing toolbar grippies." Damn, I found them quite useful.

BTW, found that the contents of the "Personal Toolbar Folder" are listed under Bookmarks, but deleting it there has no effect on - it still displays with the same junk. Can this be gotten rid of in some obscure configuration file?

I know it's too simple but, have you tried View, Show/Hide, uncheck Personal Toolbar? :wink:
whit
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Mozilla 1.2.1 - how to close "personal toolbar" Reply with quote

roTor wrote:

I know it's too simple but, have you tried View, Show/Hide, uncheck Personal Toolbar? :wink:

Ah yes. If only it was View, Toolbars, then the checklist of which to view. For some silly reason my eyes were skipping right past "Show/Hide." And there's nothing on that submenu but toolbars.

I miss my grippies. :cry: If you can confuse some of the people with a feature, you can confuse another part of the people by removing it.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: