Ogle: No display?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bertaboy
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:01 am    Post subject: Ogle: No display? Reply with quote

I don't really understand what happened and why, so I'll just say what I know:

Last night, I emerged Ogle, and it ran fine, movie worked and everything as it should. I turned the computer off for the night, then turned it on this afternoon. Only now, Ogle doesn't have any video display. The GUI shows up and everything, but the video from the movies doesn't appear. I didn't change any settings, but for some reason it's acting differently now. So I emerged Xine-UI and that works fine, Mplayer, displays the movie in 2 slanted triangles (with the gl2 display driver), and Ogle has no display. I'd prefer to have Ogle working, because I think it would be easiest for my family to use. Any suggestions? I've already tried unmerging and reemerging it, but that didn't change anything....
geeyoff
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is in response to an old post, but BUMP, because I'm having exactly the same problem. I've tried Ogle 0.9.2 and 0.9.2-r1 with and without alsa-1.0.8. (When without alsa, I've used oss.) It worked at first, but suddenly, I get sound but no video. Any thoughts? Thanks.
hencla
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the exact same problem and I just noticed that when I have rebooted, I can play dvds perfectly with ogle but when I have played a movie with mplayer, ogle can't show video anymore.
jonfr
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problem here, just black screen. I am not sure why this is but i subspect that this problem might be becose ogle is old and has not changed like the xorg-x11 has changed and so on. Kaffeine however has no problem and has menus that works.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: