View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
olof
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Default window size of Firefox? Reply with quote

Whenever I start Firefox the window is slightly wider than the desktop, and having to manually resize it every time is driving me mad. This happens both in Metacity and Enlightenment DR17. I've been trying to find where it stores its default window size, but I can't find anything. For a while I had the same problem with other GTK2 applications, such as Evolution and Gaim, but now its only Firefox that defaults to a fixed window size, no matter what size it had last time it was opened.

Does anyone know a solution?
peter96362930
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my system if I resize firefox and then shut it down (File/Quit) normally and then re-open it, it re-opens at the same size with which it was closed.
olof
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's the way I'd like it to work. For me it is always slightly wider than the screen when it starts up, no matter what size it was when it was last closed.

I guess some setting has been screwed up, but I can't find where it stores what window size it should load up with. I've been looking in ~/.gtkrc-2.0, ~/.gnome2/ and ~/.mozilla/, but I can't find anything that seems to be related.
planetsheinker
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Default window size of Firefox? Reply with quote

olof wrote:
Whenever I start Firefox the window is slightly wider than the desktop, and having to manually resize it every time is driving me mad. This happens both in Metacity and Enlightenment DR17. I've been trying to find where it stores its default window size, but I can't find anything. For a while I had the same problem with other GTK2 applications, such as Evolution and Gaim, but now its only Firefox that defaults to a fixed window size, no matter what size it had last time it was opened.

Does anyone know a solution?

I have read some where (dont remember where :-( ) that this is a know bug and should have been fixed in the latest version. May be you should upgrade?
olof
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried upgrading to mozilla-firefox 1.0-r3. It didn't help.

However, about a week ago it changed to a slightly smaller size, and now always starts with that size instead. I can't think of anything I did that should effect it, but at least it's not as annoying as before, since it doesn't start up wider than the screen. But it would be nice if it would start up with the same size it had last time it was open.
jamiethehutt
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this problem, the only solution I've found is to remove ~/.mozilla/firefox/<profile>/localstore.rdf when Firefox isn't running.

Unfortunately this removes some other visual settings as well, but wont break anything that takes more than 2 minutes to sort.
"Someday, he thought, it'll be mandatory that we all sell the McDonald's hamburger as well as buy it; we'll sell it back and forth to each other forever from our living rooms. That way we won't even have to go outside." - A Scanner Darkly By PK Dick
John5788
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*shrug* maybe try rm -rf ~/.mozilla ?
olof
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deleting ~/.mozilla/firefox/<profile>/localstore.rdf did the trick. Thanks.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: