[PDFTex + Kile] I'd like to create to another directory
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kelvie
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:37 am    Post subject: [PDFTex + Kile] I'd like to create to another directory Reply with quote

I've been using LaTeX ever since I started university, and am a semi-recent Gentoo-convert :P

Anyways, I'm running KDE and Kile with TeTex (the latest one), and I was wondering if there was any way I can get PDFTex to write PDF files to a separate directory? I find it annoying to have to create a new folder for every new document I intend to produce (as it produces many files, .aux, .log, .dvi, .tex, .pdf), and I would like to have it put the finished PDF into another folder, say '/home/username/tex/pdf'.

I went into the build options, and have tried to set the output file for PDFTex to '/home/username/tex/pdf/%s.pdf', but each time it compiles, it gets dumped straight back into the same directory as the source.

There is also a relative location option, and that will not work because the folder is dynamic, so I have no way of telling where '/home/username/tex/pdf' is relative to a changing location.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
k
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: