View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mangobrain
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I meant was there shouldn't even be an "opengl" dir under "/usr/X11R6/lib".

On my machine, I have a /usr, I have a /usr/X11R6/, I have a /usr/X11R6/lib, but I don't have a /usr/X11R6/lib/opengl, therefore how can I have a /usr/X11R6/lib/opengl/ati/lib32?

That's why I said check your paths.

Did you use the official ebuild? Have you cleaned out any manual tweaks or unofficial stuff?

Forget any instructions that apply to pre ati-drivers-8.8.25-r1 (note: R1, not the original 8.8.25, which was buggy and required manual workarounds for 32-bit libs).

P.S. : I just emerged ET, and it worked here first time, sound and all. Just bog standard 8.8.25-r1 driver ebuild, launched the game with "LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH=/usr/X11R6/lib32/modules/dri et" - the LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH can be set other ways; export it, add it to the startup script, whatever.
Pheee
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey thanks for the nice update on the new ebuild, and how ET works with just the export.

I will try this out tonight.

to get sound working I had to do something strange, something like this

Code:
echo "et.x86 default 0 0" > /proc/asound0/card0/pcm0p/oss

well something like that, thats off the top of my head.

is that normal, or is there another way?

Pheee
Fujitsu-Siemens A1630 AMD64
Gentoo x86_64 6.9.10-R6
n3x
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pheee wrote:
hey thanks for the nice update on the new ebuild, and how ET works with just the export.

I will try this out tonight.

to get sound working I had to do something strange, something like this

Code:
echo "et.x86 default 0 0" > /proc/asound0/card0/pcm0p/oss

well something like that, thats off the top of my head.

is that normal, or is there another way?

You're close - it's actually:

Code:
echo "et.x86 0 0 direct" > /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/oss

If that doesn't help - try this:

Code:
echo "et.x86 0 0 disable" > /proc/asound/card0/pcm0c/oss

cheers,
james
duralinux
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:24 am    Post subject: RE: Permissions Reply with quote

Uhhh.... Ever try starting gdm as a user and not root? It will tell you
'gdm: Only root wants to run gdm.'

In case I confused you, I'm talking about gdm as in the Gnome Display Manager. I like to use it because... well... it's pretty :)

What am I looking for with PAM? I assume you're talking about plugable authentication module? I haven't changed anything having to do with pam... so whatever the default setup is, is what I am using.

On another note, I got ET to install, but I'm having the same trouble as a few other people that have posted here. ET wants to use the Mesa software stuff instead of ATi hardware acceleration. I didn't see a solution on the original thread... Any ideas anyone?
n3x
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:00 am    Post subject: Re: RE: Permissions Reply with quote

duralinux wrote:
Uhhh.... Ever try starting gdm as a user and not root? It will tell you
'gdm: Only root wants to run gdm.'

In case I confused you, I'm talking about gdm as in the Gnome Display Manager. I like to use it because... well... it's pretty :)

What am I looking for with PAM? I assume you're talking about plugable authentication module? I haven't changed anything having to do with pam... so whatever the default setup is, is what I am using.

On another note, I got ET to install, but I'm having the same trouble as a few other people that have posted here. ET wants to use the Mesa software stuff instead of ATi hardware acceleration. I didn't see a solution on the original thread... Any ideas anyone?

Make sure you have the latest ati-drivers.

Put this:
Code:
export LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH=/usr/X11R6/lib32/modules/dri

in the et startup script (/usr/bin/games/et).

That _should_ be it.

However, I didn't have the /usr/X11R6/lib32/modules/dri directory, so I created it and placed the fglrx_dri.so file in it:

Code:
# cp /emul/linux/x86/usr/lib32/modules/dri/fglrx_dri.so /usr/X11R6/lib32/modules/dri

See my last post if you're having sound troubles.

cheers,
james
ColBond
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You're close - it's actually:

Code:
echo "et.x86 0 0 direct" > /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/oss

If that doesn't help - try this:

Code:
echo "et.x86 0 0 disable" > /proc/asound/card0/pcm0c/oss

cheers,
james

I did both, neither have the game working. It's not that there's no sound, the game fails to load. It stops on "initializing sound" and I have to end the process. (enemy territory by the way)
MW
kick6
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried everything in this thread, and I'm still having problems. the output from opengl-update ati is:

Code:
 * Switching to ati OpenGL interface...
ln: creating symbolic link `/usr/lib/modules/extensions/libglx.a' to `/usr/lib/opengl/ati/extensions/libglx.a': No such file or directory                 [ ok

Then if I
Code:
glxinfo | grep direct
I get a response of:
Code:
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Error: couldn't find RGB GLX visual

Which makes sense given the first error, but how do I fix it!?
mangobrain
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that's a new one :wink: very little idea, I'm afraid, but I'll have a stab at it.

Are you using xorg or xfree (I sincerely hope xorg on an am64 system)? Recent version of xorg? Prior to -r1 of the driver ebuild, there were not "extensions" or "include" subdirs inside /usr/lib/opengl/ati (this was what lead to people not having OpenGL headers, e.g. /usr/include/GL/gl.h was a broken symlink); this is fixed in -r1 by making symlinks from /usr/lib/opengl/ati/include to /usr/lib/opengl/xorg-x11/include and from /usr/lib/opengl/ati/extensions to /usr/lib/opengl/xorg-x11/extensions. Check these symlinks are ok. On my system, the symlinks actually use relative paths, e.g. ../xorg-x11/include.

@Phee: I edited my previous d3 instructions post, clearing out the pre-r1 bits, so hopefully I won't inadvertantly confuse anyone from now on :wink:

Last edited by mangobrain on Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:06 am; edited 2 times in total
superwutze
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

got neverwinter nights to work!!!! yep, yeeeeehaaaaw!
(sorry :oops: )

well, here's the trick

my /opt/nwn/nwn:
Code:

#!/bin/sh

# This script runs Neverwinter Nights from the current directory

export SDL_MOUSE_RELATIVE=0
export SDL_VIDEO_X11_DGAMOUSE=0
#export SDL_AUDIODRIVER=alsa
export LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH=/usr/lib32/modules/dri

# If you do not wish to use the SDL library included in the package, remove
# ./lib from LD_LIBRARY_PATH
#export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=./lib:./miles:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=./miles:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

./nwmain $@

video: the LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH did it!

sound: i installed the emul-linux-x86-sdl package, but still i had to comment the alsa-driver entry. that package seems to be compiled without alsa support (just a guess). but even without the emul-linux-x86-sdl package sound works, if you use the first LD_LIBRARY_PATH entry and the sdl-libs that were shipped with nwn.

happy nwn-ing! :lol:

Last edited by superwutze on Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
qwertyu
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm trying to install the AMD 64 Ati 8.8.5r1 drivers (for 64bit Gentoo linux of course) but it doesn't seem to work. I read all the previous post but it seems that nobody has this problem....

This what I do:
Recompile kernel without the DRI component (tried with the DRI but no luck)
Disable the old radeon module
reboot
Login as root
emerge ati-drivers (with the multilib USE enabled)
load fglrx module (modprobe fglrx)
run fglrxconfig
copy the XF86Config to xorg.conf
run opengl-update ati

The first problem is that fglrxinfo returns:

Error: unable to open display:0

If I try to run X I just receive a beatiful black screen...

I suppose that the problem is with AGPGart (tried using internal and external).

I've got:
ATI 9600
Asus A8V Deluxe (Via K8T800PRO)
AMD64 3200+
1Gb Ram
Gentoo linux 64bit with Kernel 2.6.9r14 and Xorg 6.8

Thanks[/b]
vyzivus
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brain Fury wrote:
Well, now doom3 and quake3 are running, yet without sound but that's nothing I can blame the ati drivers for ;)

BUT.... The screen looks very fucked up! I'll upload a picture in a moment.
[edit]
Er.. It seems that I'm unable to make a screenshot of this mess atm. But I'll try my best to describe the situation:
The game runs in a single window in the bottom left corner of the display. Approx 800x600 pixel, because I didn't change the resolution. The rest of the display, which is at 1280x800, is filed with, let's call it digital garbage. Every Pixel has it's own color. White, black, green, pink (mostly)... there is a recognizeable but undescribable pattern. now to the funny thing. If I change the resolution of doom3 to 1024x768, restart the game and end it again, just to start quake3 in 800x600, I see quake3 running as described above, but "behind" is still the last frame of doom3 befoer ending the game. I think there is some buffer problem with the drivers. Most probably in combination with 15,4" screens like on my laptop.

okay... did anyone of you just understand a single word of what I was trying to tell you? :D

Yeah! I have the same problem on my 15" laptop. Can't these drivers zoom the picture if the resolution is not equal to native resolution of the LCD?
I tried to run ps1 emulator and it works very well indeed. When I tried to setup 640x480 fullscreen mode, epsxe complies that
Code:
 * Init gpu[0][libgpuPeteXGL2.so.2.0.6]
No proper fullscreen mode found!
ATI Technologies Inc.
MOBILITY RADEON 9600 Generic

Does it mean that these ati drivers supports ONLY lcd's native resolution? It seems so.
mangobrain
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you run fglrx outside X, then "error opening display" is exactly what I'd expect it to return; no problem there.

When you say "copy the XF86Config to xorg.conf", do you realise that what fglrxconfig generates by default is named XF86Config-4, and it's better to just copy the "Device" section from the generated file into your xorg.conf and alter your "Screen" section to use the new device, rather than overwrite your complete config?

Do you have AGPGART enabled in your kernel? If menuconfig doesn't let you enable it but just displays "---" next to the option, then check to see if you have IOMMU support enabled (under "processor type and features"); this means AGP support is automatically enabled.

You'll have to try harder to get DRM enabled in your kernel, as on my machine at least, a kernel without it caused X not to use direct rendering.

Last but not least, have you configured the drivers to NOT use the internal AGPGART? I tried using the internal one, and aside from having to disable the in-kernel IOMMU and AGPGART support to get it to run at all, I found it simply didn't work. If you're using the in-kernel AGPGART, you MUST configure the drivers to use external AGPGART; the internal and external versions don't play nicely. Check for 'Option "UseInternalAGPGART"' in your "Device" section of xorg.conf, and set it to "no".

If all else fails, how about an excerpt from xorg's logs?
mangobrain
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those with laptop problems: my laptop has an M9 and a screen with a native resolution of 1024x768, and programs running in resolutions lower than this seem to get scaled up quite happily. This is true of two SDL apps I tried (one using OpenGL, one not); also, Enemy Territory is set to run in 800x600, and fills the screen.

I don't think in sizes, just resolutions; is 15" widescreen or normal? Could be a problem only with widescreen laptops...

also, are you sure you set up these other resolutions in X? The "Modes" line of your "Screen" section should list the resolutions you wish to support. Try changing the resolution of your desktop by using the Ctrl-'+' and Ctrl-'-' shortcuts to cycle through the defined resolutions, and see what happens then.
vyzivus
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your tips! I added those modes lines to my xorg.conf and now Ctrl+Alt+'-' ('+') is working, games can switch their resolution too. Doom3 is working fine. However, when I start epsxe, virtual desktop stays always at 1400x1050 so I must 'scroll' to the part that the game occupies. Cool :-) One thing: my Gnome panel (the one at the bottom of the screen) lays over the game screen. But it can be hidden (just change desktop to any other and back), so I'm happy now :lol:
15" screens are normal screens, 15,4" are widescreen - this goes for notebooks at least, I think.
kick6
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qwertyu wrote:

If I try to run X I just receive a beatiful black screen...

I suppose that the problem is with AGPGart (tried using internal and external).
[/b]

After updating xorg to whatever is currently in ~amd64, this is where I ended up too (was previously having a problem with the Gl libraries not existing). Can someone please go into greater detail about agpgart stuff? Here's what I get from reading this thread (please correct if wrong)

1. If you have IOMMU enabled in the kernel you have internal agpgart automatically enabled, and need to ad a
Code:
UseInternalAGPGART     "no"
in xorg.conf

2. If you don't enable IOMMU you then you can choose to enable AGPGART under Character Devices. If you go this route you still need the
Code:
UseInternalAGPGART     "no"
in xorg.conf

3. if you chose neither of the above options you then want
Code:
UseInternalAGPGART     "yes"
however, this appears not to work?
vyzivus
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my case, when I disable IOMMU then fglrx refuses to modprobe because of some unresolved symbols or the like. So I must have IOMMU turned on, that automatically turns on kernel agpgart hence I must set UseInternalAGPGART to no, otherwise I get only black screen.
If this does not work for you then try to turn off advanced features (FSAA, TV out, support for two monitors etc).
kick6
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disregard. Got it working. I had UseInternalAGPGART set to yes (doh). now on to test some games!
Tony420
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone got Americas Army to run accelerated yet?
Tony420
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok americas army works with the r1 build in portage! i took a look at it and the multilib is completly different...looks like everythign works now :)
qwertyu
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

First of all thanks for all the replys.

I have achieved to run KDE with fglrx driver.
I did what mangobrain said, I just added the fglrx device section from the XF86Config file generated by fglrxconfig to my original xorg.conf
I modified the xorg.conf in order to use the fglrx driver and it started perfect!
It seems that Xorg doesn't like the XF86Config generated by fglrxconfig...

The problem now is that I still don't have have 3D capabilities.

In the log file it says 3D not enabled.

Reading above I see that the problem might be in the DRM module....
I'll try to find the DRM in the kernel...

This is what I did until now (hope it helps someone):
- Recompiled kernel with:
IOMMU disabled in the processor section.
Made built the /dev/AGPGART and AMD64gart in the device drivers/character devices section.
I disabled the DRI in the device drivers/character devices section.

- emerge ati-drivers
- I modified /etc/modules.autoload/kernel-2.6 adding "fglrx" module and removing the "radeon" module.
- reboot
- I have run the fglrxconfig command.
When asked: Use internal GART? I said no.
- Copied the "fglrx" section from the XF86Config to my original xorg.conf file and I modified the screen section in order to use the fglrx driver instead of the old radeon.
- startx

X started with 2D but no 3D...

That's all...

Many Thanks!

Bye
qwertyu
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I tried some more things...

I recompiled my Kernel with DRM/DRI enabled 2D works but 3D doesn't...
Of course after recompiling my kernel I reemerged the ati-driver..
This is what I get...

Code:

(II) fglrx(0): PCI bus 1 card 0 func 0
(**) fglrx(0): Depth 24, (--) framebuffer bpp 32
(II) fglrx(0): Pixel depth = 24 bits stored in 4 bytes (32 bpp pixmaps)
(==) fglrx(0): Default visual is TrueColor
(**) fglrx(0): Option "NoAccel" "no"
(**) fglrx(0): Option "NoDRI" "no"
(**) fglrx(0): Option "Capabilities" "0x00000000"
(**) fglrx(0): Option "GammaCorrectionI" "0x00000000"
(**) fglrx(0): Option "GammaCorrectionII" "0x00000000"
(**) fglrx(0): Option "OpenGLOverlay" "off"
(**) fglrx(0): Option "VideoOverlay" "on"
(**) fglrx(0): Option "DesktopSetup" "0x00000000"
(**) fglrx(0): Option "MonitorLayout" "AUTO, AUTO"
(**) fglrx(0): Option "HSync2" "unspecified"
(**) fglrx(0): Option "VRefresh2" "unspecified"
(**) fglrx(0): Option "ScreenOverlap" "0"
(**) fglrx(0): Option "IgnoreEDID" "off"
(**) fglrx(0): Option "UseInternalAGPGART" "no"
(**) fglrx(0): Option "Stereo" "off"
(**) fglrx(0): Option "StereoSyncEnable" "1"
(**) fglrx(0): Option "UseFastTLS" "0"
(**) fglrx(0): Option "BlockSignalsOnLock" "on"
(**) fglrx(0): Option "ForceGenericCPU" "no"
(**) fglrx(0): Option "CenterMode" "off"
(**) fglrx(0): Option "FSAAScale" "1"
(**) fglrx(0): Option "FSAAEnable" "no"
(**) fglrx(0): Option "FSAADisableGamma" "no"
(**) fglrx(0): Option "FSAACustomizeMSPos" "no"
(**) fglrx(0): Option "FSAAMSPosX0" "0.000000"
(**) fglrx(0): Option "FSAAMSPosY0" "0.000000"
(**) fglrx(0): Option "FSAAMSPosX1" "0.000000"
(**) fglrx(0): Option "FSAAMSPosY1" "0.000000"
(**) fglrx(0): Option "FSAAMSPosX2" "0.000000"
(**) fglrx(0): Option "FSAAMSPosY2" "0.000000"
(**) fglrx(0): Option "FSAAMSPosX3" "0.000000"
(**) fglrx(0): Option "FSAAMSPosY3" "0.000000"
(**) fglrx(0): Option "FSAAMSPosX4" "0.000000"
(**) fglrx(0): Option "FSAAMSPosY4" "0.000000"
(**) fglrx(0): Option "FSAAMSPosX5" "0.000000"
(**) fglrx(0): Option "FSAAMSPosY5" "0.000000"
(**) fglrx(0): Option "NoTV" "yes"
(**) fglrx(0): Option "TVStandard" "NTSC-M"
(**) fglrx(0): Option "TVHSizeAdj" "0"
(**) fglrx(0): Option "TVVSizeAdj" "0"
(**) fglrx(0): Option "TVHPosAdj" "0"
(**) fglrx(0): Option "TVVPosAdj" "0"
(**) fglrx(0): Option "TVHStartAdj" "0"
(**) fglrx(0): Option "TVColorAdj" "0"
(**) fglrx(0): Option "PseudoColorVisuals" "off"
(**) fglrx(0): Qbs disabled
(==) fglrx(0): RGB weight 888
(II) fglrx(0): Using 8 bits per RGB (8 bit DAC)
(**) fglrx(0): Gamma Correction for I is 0x00000000
(**) fglrx(0): Gamma Correction for II is 0x00000000
(==) fglrx(0): Buffer Tiling is ON
(II) Loading sub module "int10"
(II) LoadModule: "int10"
(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib64/modules/linux/libint10.a
(II) Module int10: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
 compiled for 6.8.0, module version = 1.0.0
 ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 0.7
(II) fglrx(0): initializing int10
(II) fglrx(0): Primary V_BIOS segment is: 0xc000
(**) fglrx(0): Option "mtrr" "off"
(--) fglrx(0): Chipset: "RADEON 9600 (RV350 4150)" (Chipset = 0x4150)
(--) fglrx(0): (PciSubVendor = 0x174b, PciSubDevice = 0x7c20)
(--) fglrx(0): board vendor info: third party grafics adapter - NOT original ATI
(--) fglrx(0): Linear framebuffer (phys) at 0xd0000000
(--) fglrx(0): MMIO registers at 0xfbe00000
(--) fglrx(0): ChipExtRevID = 0x00
(--) fglrx(0): ChipIntRevID = 0x0C
(--) fglrx(0): VideoRAM: 131072 kByte (64-bit SDR SDRAM)
(WW) fglrx(0): board is an unknown third party board, chipset is supported
(II) Loading sub module "ddc"
(II) LoadModule: "ddc"
(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib64/modules/libddc.a
(II) Module ddc: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
(II) Loading sub module "i2c"
(II) LoadModule: "i2c"
(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib64/modules/libi2c.a
(II) Module i2c: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
 compiled for 6.8.0, module version = 1.2.0
(II) fglrx(0): I2C bus "DDC" initialized.
(II) fglrx(0): Connector Layout from BIOS --------
(II) fglrx(0): Connector1: DDCType-3, DACType-0, TMDSType--1, ConnectorType-2
(II) fglrx(0): Connector0: DDCType-2, DACType-1, TMDSType-0, ConnectorType-3
(**) fglrx(0): MonitorLayout Option:
 Monitor1--Type AUTO, Monitor2--Type AUTO

(II) fglrx(0): I2C device "DDC:ddc2" registered at address 0xA0.
(II) fglrx(0): I2C device "DDC:ddc2" removed.
(II) fglrx(0): DDC detected on DDCType 2 with Monitor Type 0
(II) fglrx(0): DDC detected on DDCType 3 with Monitor Type 1
(II) fglrx(0): Primary head:
 Monitor   -- NONE
 Connector -- DVI-I
 DAC Type  -- TVDAC/ExtDAC
 TMDS Type -- Internal
 DDC Type  -- DVI_DDC
(II) fglrx(0): Secondary head:
 Monitor   -- CRT
 Connector -- VGA
 DAC Type  -- Primary
 TMDS Type -- NONE
 DDC Type  -- VGA_DDC
(II) fglrx(0): EDID data from the display on Secondary head ---------------------------
(II) fglrx(0): Manufacturer: ACR  Model: ad03  Serial#: 16843009
(II) fglrx(0): Year: 2003  Week: 1
(II) fglrx(0): EDID Version: 1.3
(II) fglrx(0): Analog Display Input,  Input Voltage Level: 0.700/0.700 V
(II) fglrx(0): Sync:  Separate  Composite
(II) fglrx(0): Max H-Image Size [cm]: horiz.: 31  vert.: 23
(II) fglrx(0): Gamma: 3.10
(II) fglrx(0): DPMS capabilities: Off; RGB/Color Display
(II) fglrx(0): Default color space is primary color space
(II) fglrx(0): First detailed timing is preferred mode
(II) fglrx(0): redX: 0.634 redY: 0.356   greenX: 0.303 greenY: 0.591
(II) fglrx(0): blueX: 0.146 blueY: 0.092   whiteX: 0.314 whiteY: 0.331
(II) fglrx(0): Supported VESA Video Modes:
(II) fglrx(0): 720x400@70Hz
(II) fglrx(0): 640x480@60Hz
(II) fglrx(0): 640x480@67Hz
(II) fglrx(0): 640x480@72Hz
(II) fglrx(0): 640x480@75Hz
(II) fglrx(0): 800x600@56Hz
(II) fglrx(0): 800x600@60Hz
(II) fglrx(0): 800x600@72Hz
(II) fglrx(0): 800x600@75Hz
(II) fglrx(0): 832x624@75Hz
(II) fglrx(0): 1024x768@60Hz
(II) fglrx(0): 1024x768@70Hz
(II) fglrx(0): 1024x768@75Hz
(II) fglrx(0): Manufacturer's mask: 1
(II) fglrx(0): Supported additional Video Mode:
(II) fglrx(0): clock: 78.8 MHz   Image Size:  54 x 486 mm
(II) fglrx(0): h_active: 1024  h_sync: 1040  h_sync_end 1136 h_blank_end 1312 h_border: 0
(II) fglrx(0): v_active: 768  v_sync: 769  v_sync_end 772 v_blanking: 800 v_border: 0
(II) fglrx(0): Ranges: V min: 55  V max: 78 Hz, H min: 28  H max: 63 kHz, PixClock max 130 MHz
(II) fglrx(0): Monitor name: Acer AL506
(II) fglrx(0): Serial No: 000000001
(II) fglrx(0):
(II) fglrx(0): DesktopSetup 0x0000
(**) fglrx(0):  PseudoColor visuals disabled
(**) fglrx(0): Overlay disabled
(**) fglrx(0): Overlay disabled
(II) fglrx(0): PLL parameters: rf=2700 rd=12 min=20000 max=40000
(==) fglrx(0): Using gamma correction (1.0, 1.0, 1.0)
(**) fglrx(0): Center Mode is disabled
(==) fglrx(0): TMDS coherent mode is enabled
(II) fglrx(0): Total 4 valid mode(s) found.
(--) fglrx(0): Virtual size is 1024x768 (pitch 1024)
(**) fglrx(0): *Default mode "1024x768": 78.8 MHz (scaled from 0.0 MHz), 60.1 kHz, 75.1 Hz
(II) fglrx(0): Modeline "1024x768"   78.80  1024 1040 1136 1312  768 769 772 800 +hsync +vsync
(**) fglrx(0):  Default mode "832x624": 57.3 MHz (scaled from 0.0 MHz), 49.7 kHz, 74.6 Hz
(II) fglrx(0): Modeline "832x624"   57.28  832 864 928 1152  624 625 628 667 -hsync -vsync
(**) fglrx(0): *Default mode "800x600": 50.0 MHz (scaled from 0.0 MHz), 48.1 kHz, 72.2 Hz
(II) fglrx(0): Modeline "800x600"   50.00  800 856 976 1040  600 637 643 666 +hsync +vsync
(**) fglrx(0): *Default mode "640x480": 31.5 MHz (scaled from 0.0 MHz), 37.5 kHz, 75.0 Hz
(II) fglrx(0): Modeline "640x480"   31.50  640 656 720 840  480 481 484 500 -hsync -vsync
(--) fglrx(0): Display dimensions: (310, 230) mm
(--) fglrx(0): DPI set to (83, 84)
(II) Loading sub module "fb"
(II) LoadModule: "fb"
(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib64/modules/libfb.a
(II) Module fb: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
 ABI class: X.Org ANSI C Emulation, version 0.2
(II) Loading sub module "ramdac"
(II) LoadModule: "ramdac"
(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib64/modules/libramdac.a
(II) Module ramdac: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
 compiled for 6.8.0, module version = 0.1.0
(**) fglrx(0): NoAccel = NO
(II) Loading sub module "xaa"
(II) LoadModule: "xaa"
(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib64/modules/libxaa.a
(II) Module xaa: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
 compiled for 6.8.0, module version = 1.2.0
(==) fglrx(0): HPV inactive
(==) fglrx(0): FSAA enabled: NO
(**) fglrx(0): FSAA Gamma enabled
(**) fglrx(0): FSAA Multisample Position is fix
(**) fglrx(0): NoDRI = NO
(II) Loading sub module "fglrxdrm"
(II) LoadModule: "fglrxdrm"
(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib64/modules/linux/libfglrxdrm.a
(II) Module fglrxdrm: vendor="FireGL - ATI Technologies Inc."
 compiled for 4.3.99.902, module version = 8.8.25
 ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 0.2
(II) fglrx(0): Depth moves disabled by default
(**) fglrx(0): Capabilities: 0x00000000
(**) fglrx(0): cpuFlags: 0x4000001f
(**) fglrx(0): cpuSpeedMHz: 0x000007d2
(==) fglrx(0): OpenGL ClientDriverName: "fglrx_dri.so"
(**) fglrx(0): using built in AGPGART module: no
(**) fglrx(0): UseFastTLS=0
(**) fglrx(0): BlockSignalsOnLock=1
(==) fglrx(0): EnablePrivateBackZ = NO
(--) Depth 24 pixmap format is 32 bpp
(II) do I need RAC?  No, I don't.
(II) resource ranges after preInit:
 [0] 0 0 0xfbe00000 - 0xfbe0ffff (0x10000) MX[B]
 [1] 0 0 0xd0000000 - 0xdfffffff (0x10000000) MX[B]
 [2] -1 0 0xffe00000 - 0xffffffff (0x200000) MX[B](B)
 [3] -1 0 0x00100000 - 0x3fffffff (0x3ff00000) MX[B]E(B)
 [4] -1 0 0x000f0000 - 0x000fffff (0x10000) MX[B]
 [5] -1 0 0x000c0000 - 0x000effff (0x30000) MX[B]
 [6] -1 0 0x00000000 - 0x0009ffff (0xa0000) MX[B]
 [7] -1 0 0xfbc00000 - 0xfbc000ff (0x100) MX[B]
 [8] -1 0 0xcff00000 - 0xcff00fff (0x1000) MX[B]
 [9] -1 0 0xfba00000 - 0xfba03fff (0x4000) MX[B]
 [10] -1 0 0xfb800000 - 0xfb8007ff (0x800) MX[B]
 [11] -1 0 0xc8000000 - 0xc7ffffff (0x0) MX[B]O
 [12] -1 0 0xfbf00000 - 0xfbf0ffff (0x10000) MX[B](B)
 [13] -1 0 0xe0000000 - 0xefffffff (0x10000000) MX[B](B)
 [14] -1 0 0xfbe00000 - 0xfbe0ffff (0x10000) MX[B](B)
 [15] -1 0 0xd0000000 - 0xdfffffff (0x10000000) MX[B](B)
 [16] -1 0 0xcfe00000 - 0xcfe00fff (0x1000) MX[B](B)
 [17] 0 0 0x000a0000 - 0x000affff (0x10000) MS[B]
 [18] 0 0 0x000b0000 - 0x000b7fff (0x8000) MS[B]
 [19] 0 0 0x000b8000 - 0x000bffff (0x8000) MS[B]
 [20] 0 0 0x0000e000 - 0x0000e0ff (0x100) IX[B]
 [21] -1 0 0x0000ffff - 0x0000ffff (0x1) IX[B]
 [22] -1 0 0x00000000 - 0x000000ff (0x100) IX[B]
 [23] -1 0 0x0000d800 - 0x0000d8ff (0x100) IX[B]
 [24] -1 0 0x0000d400 - 0x0000d41f (0x20) IX[B]
 [25] -1 0 0x0000d000 - 0x0000d01f (0x20) IX[B]
 [26] -1 0 0x0000c800 - 0x0000c81f (0x20) IX[B]
 [27] -1 0 0x0000c400 - 0x0000c41f (0x20) IX[B]
 [28] -1 0 0x0000fc00 - 0x0000fc0f (0x10) IX[B]
 [29] -1 0 0x0000a400 - 0x0000a4ff (0x100) IX[B]
 [30] -1 0 0x0000a800 - 0x0000a80f (0x10) IX[B]
 [31] -1 0 0x0000b000 - 0x0000b003 (0x4) IX[B]
 [32] -1 0 0x0000b400 - 0x0000b407 (0x8) IX[B]
 [33] -1 0 0x0000b800 - 0x0000b803 (0x4) IX[B]
 [34] -1 0 0x0000c000 - 0x0000c007 (0x8) IX[B]
 [35] -1 0 0x0000a000 - 0x0000a0ff (0x100) IX[B]
 [36] -1 0 0x00009800 - 0x0000987f (0x80) IX[B]
 [37] -1 0 0x0000e000 - 0x0000e0ff (0x100) IX[B](B)
 [38] 0 0 0x000003b0 - 0x000003bb (0xc) IS[B]
 [39] 0 0 0x000003c0 - 0x000003df (0x20) IS[B]
(II) fglrx(0): UMM area:     0xd0501000 (size=0x07aff000)
(II) fglrx(0): driver needs XFree86 version: 4.3.x
(WW) fglrx(0): could not detect XFree86 version (query_status=-3)
(WW) fglrx(0): ***********************************************
(WW) fglrx(0): * DRI initialization failed!                  *
(WW) fglrx(0): * (maybe driver kernel module missing or bad) *
(WW) fglrx(0): * 2D acceleraton available (MMIO)             *
(WW) fglrx(0): * no 3D acceleration available                *
(WW) fglrx(0): ********************************************* *
(II) fglrx(0): FBADPhys: 0xd0000000 FBMappedSize: 0x08000000
(II) fglrx(0): FBMM initialized for area (0,0)-(1024,8191)
(II) fglrx(0): FBMM auto alloc for area (0,0)-(1024,768) (front color buffer - assumption)
(==) fglrx(0): Backing store disabled
(==) fglrx(0): Silken mouse enabled
(II) fglrx(0): Using hardware cursor (scanline 768)
(II) fglrx(0): Largest offscreen area available: 1024 x 7419
(II) fglrx(0): Using XFree86 Acceleration Architecture (XAA)
 Screen to screen bit blits
 Solid filled rectangles
 Solid Horizontal and Vertical Lines
 Offscreen Pixmaps
 Setting up tile and stipple cache:
  32 128x128 slots
  32 256x256 slots
  16 512x512 slots
(II) fglrx(0): Acceleration enabled
(II) fglrx(0): Direct rendering disabled
(II) Loading extension FGLRXEXTENSION
(II) Loading extension ATITVOUT
(==) RandR enabled
Symbol drmUnmap from module /usr/X11R6/lib64/modules/drivers/fglrx_drv.o is unresolved!
Symbol drmMap from module /usr/X11R6/lib64/modules/drivers/fglrx_drv.o is unresolved!
Symbol DRIGetDeviceInfo from module /usr/X11R6/lib64/modules/drivers/fglrx_drv.o is unresolved!
Symbol drmMap from module /usr/X11R6/lib64/modules/drivers/fglrx_drv.o is unresolved!
Symbol drmUnmap from module /usr/X11R6/lib64/modules/drivers/fglrx_drv.o is unresolved!
Symbol drmAgpGetMode from module /usr/X11R6/lib64/modules/drivers/fglrx_drv.o is unresolved!
Symbol drmAgpVendorId from module /usr/X11R6/lib64/modules/drivers/fglrx_drv.o is unresolved!
Symbol drmAgpDeviceId from module /usr/X11R6/lib64/modules/drivers/fglrx_drv.o is unresolved!
Symbol drmAgpRelease from module /usr/X11R6/lib64/modules/drivers/fglrx_drv.o is unresolved!
Symbol drmAgpEnable from module /usr/X11R6/lib64/modules/drivers/fglrx_drv.o is unresolved!
Symbol drmAgpSize from module /usr/X11R6/lib64/modules/drivers/fglrx_drv.o is unresolved!
Symbol drmAgpBase from module /usr/X11R6/lib64/modules/drivers/fglrx_drv.o is unresolved!
Symbol DRIGetDrawableInfo from module /usr/X11R6/lib64/modules/drivers/fglrx_drv.o is unresolved!
Symbol __glXActiveScreens from module /usr/X11R6/lib64/modules/drivers/fglrx_drv.o is unresolved!
Symbol drmMalloc from module /usr/X11R6/lib64/modules/linux/libfglrxdrm.a is unresolved!
Symbol drmMalloc from module /usr/X11R6/lib64/modules/linux/libfglrxdrm.a is unresolved!
Symbol drmFree from module /usr/X11R6/lib64/modules/linux/libfglrxdrm.a is unresolved!
Symbol drmFree from module /usr/X11R6/lib64/modules/linux/libfglrxdrm.a is unresolved!
Symbol drmMap from module /usr/X11R6/lib64/modules/linux/libfglrxdrm.a is unresolved!
Symbol drmMap from module /usr/X11R6/lib64/modules/linux/libfglrxdrm.a is unresolved!
Symbol drmUnmap from module /usr/X11R6/lib64/modules/linux/libfglrxdrm.a is unresolved!
Symbol drmUnmap from module /usr/X11R6/lib64/modules/linux/libfglrxdrm.a is unresolved!
Tony420
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

copy your entire XFConfig-4 to xorg.conf...
qwertyu
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I can't copy the XF86Config-4 file to xorg.conf because if I do the X gives me a blank screen but.....

Hurrah!!!
It works!!

I just removed the comments in the xorg.conf file on the following lines:

Load "glx"
Load "dri"

Obviously without this lines 3D didn't work!

Thank you everybody for the responses!

Bye!
duralinux
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: y0 n3x Reply with quote

Hey. I tried the stuff you posted (export) but get the same results. Here is what the et startup script spits out at me after it fails.

Code:

/usr/games/bin/et
ET 2.56 linux-i386 Sep 10 2003
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
/home/seth/.etwolf/etmain
/opt/enemy-territory/etmain/pak1.pk3 (10 files)
/opt/enemy-territory/etmain/pak0.pk3 (3725 files)
/opt/enemy-territory/etmain/mp_bin.pk3 (4 files)
/opt/enemy-territory/etmain

----------------------
3739 files in pk3 files
execing default.cfg
couldn't exec language.cfg
couldn't exec autoexec.cfg

Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok

------- Input Initialization -------
Joystick is not active.
------------------------------------
Bypassing CD checks
----- Client Initialization -----
----- Initializing Renderer ----
-------------------------------
----- Client Initialization Complete -----
----- R_Init -----
...loading libGL.so.1: Initializing OpenGL display
...setting mode 4: 800 600
Using XFree86-VidModeExtension Version 2.2
XF86DGA Mouse (Version 2.0)XFree86-VidModeExtension Activated at 1280x800
Using 8/8/8 Color bits, 24 depth, 0 stencil display.
GL_RENDERER: Mesa GLX Indirect

You are using software Mesa (no hardware acceleration)!   
 Driver DLL used: libGL.so.1
 If this is intentional, add
       "+set r_allowSoftwareGL 1"
 to the command line when starting the game.
...WARNING: could not set the given mode (4)
Initializing OpenGL display
...setting mode 3: 640 480
 initialized
Using XFree86-VidModeExtension Version 2.2
XF86DGA Mouse (Version 2.0) initialized
XFree86-VidModeExtension Activated at 1280x800
Received signal 11, exiting

I also installed aao before upgrading to the r1 release of the driver, and it worked (started) but was very choppy... like programs are when not using 3d hardware. So, I figured it ws the older driver, so I upgraded. Now the game refuses to start... and here is what it tells me By the way, I do see the aa splash screen... but then it exits, the screen flashes, and I get dropped back to X.

Code:

/usr/games/bin/armyops
GL_EXT_bgra not supported - bailing out.

History:

Exiting due to error

So yeah. Any thoughts? Maybe ATi just doens't like me? (maybe they're in cahoots with my ex wife). Oh, I did have audio in aa before I upgraded the driver and the game would actually start... for what it's worth to anyone. In teh mean time I'm going to continue to scour logs and redo xorg.conf so I can post it here for anyone whom may need it. I do have TV-out working to... along with the dual-head setup. (though I have the other 19" external monitor unhooked).
[/code]
breakerfall
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi..

I've followed the instructions dotted around this thread and I have Doom3 "working". I can load the game, using ALSA and FGLRX, however, when I run it as my normal user, it starts to chug hardcore, before it even reaches the menu, hell, before it even asks you to enter the CD key. If you wait long enough, it eventually displays the CD key dialog. All the while, the console goes wild, continuously spamming the following:

Code:
__FGLTexMgrCreateObject: __FGLTexMgrSHMmalloc failed!!!
fglX11AllocateManagedSurface: __FGLTexMgrCreateObject failed!!
FGLTexMgr: open of shared memory object failed (Permission denied)

If I try as root, the game loads flawlessly without these errors. Anyone have any idea what I can do?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: