[SOLVED] libtool or automake broken?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loisl
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:19 am    Post subject: [SOLVED] libtool or automake broken? Reply with quote

Dear all,

thuis morning I did an emerge sync and an emerge -u world afterwards.

Now I am sitting on an error emerging libtool-1.5.10-r3

Code:
w9f00535 ~ # emerge -u world
Calculating world dependencies ...done!
>>> emerge (1 of 8) sys-devel/libtool-1.5.10-r3 to /
>>> md5 src_uri ;-) libtool-1.5.10.tar.gz
>>> Unpacking source...
>>> Unpacking libtool-1.5.10.tar.gz to /var/tmp/portage/libtool-1.5.10-r3/work
 * Applying libtool-1.4-nonneg.patch ...                                                                                                             [ ok ]
 * Applying libtool-1.4.2-multilib.patch ...                                                                                                         [ ok ]
 * Applying libtool-1.4.2-demo.patch ...                                                                                                             [ ok ]
 * Applying libtool-1.5-testfailure.patch ...                                                                                                        [ ok ]
 * Applying libtool-1.4.3-lib64.patch ...                                                                                                            [ ok ]
 * Applying libtool-1.4.2-archive-shared.patch ...                                                                                                   [ ok ]
 * Applying libtool-1.5.6-ltmain-SED.patch ...                                                                                                       [ ok ]
 * Applying libtool-1.4.2-expsym-linux.patch ...                                                                                                     [ ok ]
 * Applying libtool-1.4.3-libtoolize--config-only.patch ...                                                                                          [ ok ]
 * Applying libtool-1.4.3-pass-thread-flags.patch ...                                                                                                [ ok ]
 * Applying libtool-1.4.2-portage.patch ...                                                                                                          [ ok ]
 * Applying libtool-1.5.10-version-checking.patch ...                                                                                                [ ok ]
 * Applying libtool-1.5.2-ltmain_sh-max_cmd_len.patch ...                                                                                            [ ok ]
 * Applying libtool-1.5-filter-host-tags.patch ...                                                                                                   [ ok ]
 * Applying libtool-1.5.10-locking.patch ...                                                                                                         [ ok ]
 * Generating ltmain.sh ...                                                                                                                          [ ok ]
 * Running autotools in '.' ...
/usr/share/aclocal/wxwin.m4:36: warning: underquoted definition of AM_OPTIONS_WXCONFIG
  run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
  or see http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal
/usr/share/aclocal/wxwin.m4:59: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_WXCONFIG
/usr/share/aclocal/pth.m4:43: warning: underquoted definition of _AC_PTH_ERROR
/usr/share/aclocal/pth.m4:54: warning: underquoted definition of _AC_PTH_VERBOSE
/usr/share/aclocal/pth.m4:60: warning: underquoted definition of AC_CHECK_PTH
/usr/share/aclocal/pkg.m4:5: warning: underquoted definition of PKG_CHECK_MODULES
/usr/share/aclocal/movtar.m4:14: warning: underquoted definition of MOVTAR_TEST_VERSION
/usr/share/aclocal/movtar.m4:59: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_MOVTAR
/usr/share/aclocal/lqt.m4:14: warning: underquoted definition of AC_PATH_LQT
/usr/share/aclocal/libmikmod.m4:11: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_LIBMIKMOD
/usr/share/aclocal/libgcrypt.m4:23: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_LIBGCRYPT
/usr/share/aclocal/libfame.m4:6: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_LIBFAME
/usr/share/aclocal/libart.m4:11: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_LIBART
/usr/share/aclocal/libIDL.m4:6: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_LIBIDL
/usr/share/aclocal/lf_x11.m4:33: warning: underquoted definition of LF_PATH_XLIB
/usr/share/aclocal/lf_warnings.m4:30: warning: underquoted definition of LF_CHECK_CXX_FLAG
/usr/share/aclocal/lf_warnings.m4:54: warning: underquoted definition of LF_CHECK_CC_FLAG
/usr/share/aclocal/lf_warnings.m4:78: warning: underquoted definition of LF_CHECK_F77_FLAG
/usr/share/aclocal/lf_warnings.m4:105: warning: underquoted definition of LF_SET_WARNINGS
/usr/share/aclocal/lf_txtc.m4:22: warning: underquoted definition of LF_PROG_TXTC
/usr/share/aclocal/lf_texidoc.m4:22: warning: underquoted definition of LF_USE_TEXIDOC
/usr/share/aclocal/lf_nm.m4:32: warning: underquoted definition of LF_PROG_NM
/usr/share/aclocal/lf_local.m4:33: warning: underquoted definition of LF_LINK_HEADERS
/usr/share/aclocal/lf_local.m4:85: warning: underquoted definition of LF_SET_INCLUDES
/usr/share/aclocal/lf_local.m4:123: warning: underquoted definition of LF_LINK_HEADERS_FUCK
/usr/share/aclocal/lf_lisp.m4:22: warning: underquoted definition of LF_PATH_LISPDIR
/usr/share/aclocal/lf_host_type.m4:32: warning: underquoted definition of LF_HOST_TYPE
/usr/share/aclocal/lf_fortran.m4:63: warning: underquoted definition of LF_PROG_F77_PREFER_NATIVE_VERSION
/usr/share/aclocal/lf_fortran.m4:72: warning: underquoted definition of LF_PROG_F77_PREFER_F2C_COMPATIBILITY
/usr/share/aclocal/lf_fortran.m4:87: warning: underquoted definition of LF_PROG_F77
/usr/share/aclocal/lf_fortran.m4:263: warning: underquoted definition of LF_PROG_F2C
/usr/share/aclocal/lf_fortran.m4:375: warning: underquoted definition of LF_PROG_F77_IS_G77
/usr/share/aclocal/lf_fortran.m4:392: warning: underquoted definition of LF_CHECK_F77_UPPERCASE_NAMES
/usr/share/aclocal/lf_fortran.m4:412: warning: underquoted definition of LF_CHECK_F77_APPEND_UNDERSCORE
/usr/share/aclocal/lf_fortran.m4:444: warning: underquoted definition of LF_F77_IS_F2C_COMPATIBLE
/usr/share/aclocal/lf_fortran.m4:507: warning: underquoted definition of LF_PATH_F77_LIBS
/usr/share/aclocal/lf_cxx.m4:32: warning: underquoted definition of LF_CONFIGURE_CXX
/usr/share/aclocal/lf_cxx.m4:55: warning: underquoted definition of LF_CPP_PORTABILITY
/usr/share/aclocal/lf_config.m4:66: warning: underquoted definition of LF_INSTALLS_LIBRARY
/usr/share/aclocal/lf_config.m4:80: warning: underquoted definition of LF_CONFIG_SCRIPT
/usr/share/aclocal/lf_config.m4:111: warning: underquoted definition of LF_NEED_LIBRARY_PACKAGE
/usr/share/aclocal/lf_config.m4:196: warning: underquoted definition of LF_QUERY_LIBRARY_SPECIFIC
/usr/share/aclocal/lf_config.m4:209: warning: underquoted definition of LF_QUERY_LIBRARY
/usr/share/aclocal/lf_cc.m4:33: warning: underquoted definition of LF_CONFIGURE_CC
/usr/share/aclocal/lf_bash.m4:24: warning: underquoted definition of LF_PROG_BASH
/usr/share/aclocal/lf_assert.m4:24: warning: underquoted definition of AC_HEADER_ASSERT
/usr/share/aclocal/imlib.m4:9: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_IMLIB
/usr/share/aclocal/imlib.m4:167: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_GDK_IMLIB
/usr/share/aclocal/gtk.m4:7: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_GTK
/usr/share/aclocal/glib.m4:8: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_GLIB
/usr/share/aclocal/audiofile.m4:12: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_AUDIOFILE
/usr/share/aclocal/ao.m4:9: warning: underquoted definition of XIPH_PATH_AO
/usr/share/aclocal/aalib.m4:12: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_AALIB
/usr/share/aclocal/ORBit.m4:4: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_ORBIT
NONE:0: /usr/bin/m4: `changeword' from frozen file not found in builtin table!
autom4te-2.59: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
aclocal-1.9: autom4te failed with exit status: 1

!!! ERROR: sys-devel/libtool-1.5.10-r3 failed.
!!! Function src_unpack, Line 126, Exitcode 1
!!! aclocal
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, NOT this status message.

I tried to reemerge automake, but this did not work as well.

Code:

w9f00535 ~ # emerge automake
Calculating dependencies ...done!
>>> emerge (1 of 1) sys-devel/automake-1.9.4 to /
>>> md5 src_uri ;-) automake-1.9.4.tar.bz2
>>> Unpacking source...
>>> Unpacking automake-1.9.4.tar.bz2 to /var/tmp/portage/automake-1.9.4/work
 * Applying automake-1.9.3-infopage-namechange.patch ...                                                                                             [ ok ]
 * Using GNU config files from /usr/share/libtool
 *  Updating lib/config.sub                                                                                                                          [ ok ]
 *  Updating lib/config.guess                                                                                                                        [ ok ]
>>> Source unpacked.
 * econf: updating automake-1.9.4/lib/config.guess with /usr/share/gnuconfig/config.guess
 * econf: updating automake-1.9.4/lib/config.sub with /usr/share/gnuconfig/config.sub
./configure --prefix=/usr --host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var/lib
configure: WARNING: If you wanted to set the --build type, don't use --host.
    If a cross compiler is detected then cross compile mode will be used.
checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /bin/install -c
checking whether build environment is sane... yes
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
checking for i686-pc-linux-gnu-strip... i686-pc-linux-gnu-strip
checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
checking for tex... no
checking whether autoconf is installed... yes
checking whether autoconf works... no
configure: error: The installed version of autoconf does not work.
    Please check config.log for error messages before this one.

!!! Please attach the config.log to your bug report:
!!! /var/tmp/portage/automake-1.9.4/work/automake-1.9.4/config.log

!!! ERROR: sys-devel/automake-1.9.4 failed.
!!! Function econf, Line 485, Exitcode 0
!!! econf failed
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, NOT this status message.

Has anybody an Idea what to do?

Code:

w9f00535 ~ # emerge info
Portage 2.0.51-r14 (default-linux/x86/2004.3, gcc-3.4.3, glibc-2.3.4.20041102-r0, 2.6.10-gentoo-r4 i686)
=================================================================
System uname: 2.6.10-gentoo-r4 i686 Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1.80GHz
Gentoo Base System version 1.6.8
Python:              dev-lang/python-2.3.4 [2.3.4 (#1, Jan  4 2005, 15:51:25)]
dev-lang/python:     2.3.4
sys-devel/autoconf:  2.59-r6, 2.13
sys-devel/automake:  1.8.5-r2, 1.5, 1.4_p6, 1.6.3, 1.7.9, 1.9.4
sys-devel/binutils:  2.15.92.0.2-r2
sys-devel/libtool:   1.5.10-r2
virtual/os-headers:  2.6.8.1-r2
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="x86 ~x86"
AUTOCLEAN="yes"
CFLAGS="-O2 -mtune=pentium3 -fomit-frame-pointer"
CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/kde/2/share/config /usr/kde/3.3/env /usr/kde/3.3/share/config /usr/kde/3.3/shutdown /usr/kde/3/share/config /usr/lib/X11/xkb /usr/lib/mozilla/defaults/pref /usr/share/config /var/qmail/control"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/gconf /etc/terminfo /etc/env.d"
CXXFLAGS="-O2 -mtune=pentium3 -fomit-frame-pointer"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
FEATURES="autoaddcvs autoconfig ccache distlocks sandbox sfperms"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="ftp://pandemonium.tiscali.de/pub/gentoo/ http://pandemonium.tiscali.de/pub/gentoo/ http://mirror.switch.ch/mirror/gentoo/"
MAKEOPTS="-j2"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/portage"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.de.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
USE="x86 X aalib acpi alsa apm arts audiofile avi berkdb bidi bitmap-fonts cdparanoia cdr crypt cups dvd encode esd ethereal f77 faad fam ffmpeg flac font-server foomaticdb fortran gdbm gif gnome gpm gstreamer gtk gtk2 imagemagick imlib ipv6 java jpeg kde libg++ libwww mad matroska mikmod motif mozilla mpeg ncurses nls oggvorbis opengl oss pam pdflib perl png ppds python qt quicktime readline ruby samba sdl spell ssl svga tcpd tiff truetype truetype-fonts type1-fonts usb wxwindows xine xml2 xmms xv zlib video_cards_FireGL video_cards_firegl linguas_de linguas_us"
Unset:  LDFLAGS

Many thanks in advance,

Loisl

Last edited by loisl on Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
kimchi_sg
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be helpful to provide us your "emerge info" as well.

Also, this sounds exactly like bug 78817.
loisl
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kimchi_sg wrote:
It would be helpful to provide us your "emerge info" as well.

just look above

kimchi_sg wrote:
Also, this sounds exactly like bug 78817.

I did a bugzilla search, but did not find anything. Maybe bug 78817 was inserted later this morning.
athene
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"emerge autoconf" solved the problem for me.
kimchi_sg
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

athene wrote:

I think you should add that as a comment to the bug I mentioned in my last post. This will help the developers track down the problem.
loisl
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

athene wrote:

Thanks a lot.
This did the trick for me as well.
kimchi_sg
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loisl wrote:
athene wrote:

Thanks a lot.
This did the trick for me as well.

Please edit the title of this topic, and insert [SOLVED] into the title.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: