View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbarry
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 9:05 pm    Post subject: X-less with LTSP on Gentoo Reply with quote

I've got David Snopek"s http://www.pfm.ee/gentoo/ LTSP ebuild running on a test server but can't get the last bit where X starts in order for xdm to present a log-in window. A number of people have posted that they're running LTSP on Gentoo, and LTSP docs are sparse in the X config department, so I'm hoping that someone can say where they learned how to get X running on the client side.

I've got an adequate XF86Config file for the server's monitor but even when I use the same monitor for the client there's no show. (The client itself is the Jammin 125 from disklessworkstations.com.) The response from attemping to start X is: "(EE) No devices found. Fatal server error: no screens found."

I'll be very grateful for any tips or suggestions or even a faint trail to follow. (BTW, I've been through Chris Houser's excellent reference on XFree86 4.x linked in the Gentoo desktop config doc.)
snowmoon
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If running X :1 does not bring up the b&w checkered pattern then it's your XF86Config. Go back and triple check it.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: