News wiki
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Q-collective
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:28 am    Post subject: News wiki Reply with quote

Well, we started a nice little Dutch thread, discussing the possibilities of a Gentoo WikiNews site.
Ok, we do have the GWN, but that only releases once a week... if we are lucky.

A wiki on the otherhand, has the capability to create a 'reporter' community around it, thus never drying up from newssources.

A good idea? A bad idea? Why?
Straterra
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am for one interested in this idea..And would do my part to contribute..even though I just started with Gentoo.
gummAY
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that the editor, authors & translators of the GWN do a stellar job, and I look forward to recieving it in my email inbox each week.

However, with the implementation of a feature such as this proposed WikiNews, it would allow that team, and other members of the Gentoo community to source a wider breadth of articles.

As a relatively new user of this fine distribution, I find the tips and tricks segments to be very informative and useful ... and get quite dismayed when they go on 'hiatus' ;)

Such a feature would perhaps entice a few new potential GWN authors that, perhaps, did not know what was required for becoming a part of the writing team, taking some load off the core group of individuals that are running it currently. [And making sure I always get my beloved tips ;D]
Sven Vermeulen
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many Gentoo developers run a blog for themselves. The idea is to create a Planet Gentoo which aggregates all these blogs in one, Gentoo-specific blog.

I've recently seen a nice list of Gentoo-dev blogs so I don't think it'll be that difficult to find enough information to fit in there :)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: