Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
School Project due Monday, Help Needed A.S.A.P!
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Duplicate Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeph
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 12:05 am    Post subject: School Project due Monday, Help Needed A.S.A.P! Reply with quote

I need emergency help with an gentoo install gone bad, and I have a school project due on Monday, I started this on Friday... and my timeframe was correct, the compile from Stage 1 etc. was done pretty much overnight but my partition table is corrupt now, and I had tried on Thursday, I believe there is a problem, and I had problems with Grub it wouldn't work and emerge wouldn't get LILO before getting MySQL which wouldn't compile, and man was missing some .so file =(

Misc Info:

* I had to try over 25 times before I could get my /boot - /dev/hda1 - (100mb) partition.

* I had to make it 250mb and efs2 or whatever as opposed to standard linux (#82 I believe)

* Anyway... The fact it wasn't working indicated a problem with the table but I was so glad to get the parition working and it was 3am I wanted to go to bed... So I just did it, and I retraced my steps (I have the documentation printed out) and I didn't miss anything

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
question #1: how can I completely erase my drive? not re-partition it, if that makes sense, just write over it with blank raw data no fs or partition tables?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
question #2: what would of caused the described side effects with LILO and GRUB?...
pilla
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double-post, moving to Dups.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Duplicate Threads All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: