PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

l33t :D
Tiger683
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a side note:
2.6.11-rc3 is out...

let's see what gets broken this time.... ;)

EDIT:

http://lkml.org/lkml/2005/2/2/284

Last edited by Tiger683 on Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total
pifactorial
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiger683 wrote:
l33t :D

Tiger683 called me l33t!
/me swoons

BTW, did you notice the kernel panic in the background :P. I thought it would be appropriate (my original version has the phrase at the bottom "If it's not broken, you're not trying hard enough").
b3cks
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: background Reply with quote

pifactorial wrote:
John5788 wrote:
http://www.imageshack.us

Whoa, thanks a lot! I've made a few versions of this (I'll send the xcf to anyone who asks), but this is my favorite:
Take a peek

And, of course,
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

simple and nice ;)
predatorfreak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, it appears as though XFS might have been fixed up (we can hope right?) in 2.6.11-rc3.

Edit: Almost forgot, dark5 is released folks. http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/darkpatches/2.6.10-dark5.diff?download

Last edited by predatorfreak on Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
discomfitor
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pifactorial: Looks great!

And nvidia ISN'T broken in the rc versions. Just in the realtime version. I have an nvidia card, so I won't be releasing nitros where nvidia support is broken.
Tiger683
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those were the bk trees from mm that broke stuff, and i dare to assume they got merged....

Linus wrote:

This has a number of architecture updates (mips, arm, ppc, x86-64, ia64),
and updates ACPI, DRI, ALSA, SCSI, XFS and InfiniNand.. And a lot of small
one-liners all over.

and dri looks REALLY bad to me :/
predatorfreak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm waiting to see what happens, after some feedback trickles in I might end up back porting the XFS fixes to 2.6.10.
purplerhino
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: nvidia woes Reply with quote

i put the NvAGP 2 in my xorg.conf, and it seemingly works fine. (before I put that in x would lock up and leave me looking at a black screen)

But it runs slowly, and the output from cat /proc/driver/nvidia/agp/status hints at why:

Code:

AGP initialization failed, please check the ouput
of the 'dmesg' command and/or your system log file
for additional information on this problem.

that's a copy paste too, ouput is not my fault. But in the output of dmesg, I didn't see anything that looked that troublesome. I put the dmesg here [edit remove link, problem solved]

did I miss something in there?

Last edited by purplerhino on Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
discomfitor
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

purplerhino: From your dmesg I see that agpgart is getting initialized, but it's not loading any specific driver.
Tiger683
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might try modprobing the agp module for your particular chipset at the end of boot-scripts, that's what i have in my boot.local since forever....
jnengland77
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm a little help now.. Internet still doesn't work but now i used genkernel with my config file, it messed up once... then it worked after i redid the config file a little... it's way faster then my other one... but now the kernel with internet is broken.. *is on other comp*
Code:

fsck.ext3: No such file/dir while trying  to open /dev/root/
dev/root:
The superblock could not be read or does not describe a correct ext2fs.
If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2fs (and not a swap or ufs),  then it is corrupt, and you might try running with an alternate superblock:
         e2fsck -b 8193 <device>
      * Filesystem couldn't be fix.

All my linux partitions are ext3. Now what should i do to fix this... If you want me i can post parts of my resovle.conf and net files so we can get the internet working cuz i dont have a back up of this Vida kernel.. was about to update it.
Other then this i like this kernel...

Hope you can help me this time... :P probaly get this fix and switch to regular gentoo when 2005.0 release is offically released..
purplerhino
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiger683 wrote:
You might try modprobing the agp module for your particular chipset at the end of boot-scripts, that's what i have in my boot.local since forever....

ohhh, there's an nvidia_agp module. I've never loaded that, so I must have just been using the nvidia (nvagp 1) all this time and now that I can't I'm having problems. Well that was easy thanks.

i didn't do anything crazy with the boot scripts though, putting it in modules.autoload.d/kernel2.6 did the trick.
chunderbunny
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case anyone was wondering, nvsound doesn't work on this kernel either.

*waits patiently for new version of nvsound*
seppe
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: background Reply with quote

pifactorial wrote:
John5788 wrote:
http://www.imageshack.us

Whoa, thanks a lot! I've made a few versions of this (I'll send the xcf to anyone who asks), but this is my favorite:
Take a peek

And, of course,
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

Cool, but could you create a 1920x1200 version as well? :-)

Latest release I made: 2.6.13.2-nitro1
discomfitor
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HE LIVES!!!!!
pifactorial
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: background Reply with quote

seppe wrote:
Cool, but could you create a 1920x1200 version as well? :-)

:D The great seppe has returned! No problem, man. Here it is:
1920x1200
MrApples
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seppe! are you back, back?
Legoguy
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if it's nitro or not, but after about 2 days on this kernel my mem filled up to nearly 100% - less than 60 MB remaining out of 1gb. top showed no specific program using it all, and rebooting obviously fixed it but we'll have to see if it happens again in a few days.
predatorfreak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legoguy wrote:
I don't know if it's nitro or not, but after about 2 days on this kernel my mem filled up to nearly 100% - less than 60 MB remaining out of 1gb. top showed no specific program using it all, and rebooting obviously fixed it but we'll have to see if it happens again in a few days.

Isn't this how the kernel manages ram anyway? The kernel uses ram until full and unallocates whats unneeded and temperaly uses swap for certain things.
Benson
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legoguy wrote:

It's not clear if it is a problem or not in your case, depends on what you were doing during these 2 days of uptime. Running lots of apps, games etc. will definitely fill your ram, if your pc's running without lots of things going on on it, it shouldn't fill up the ram - mine is running since 2 days and has 60% free ram...

There's a nice sticky thread about linux and memory allocation: Linux Memory Management or 'Why is there no free RAM?'. This doc wont solve a memory-leak, but might be interesting anyway.

rgds
Benson
Tiger683
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you might try
Code:

echo 80 > /proc/sys/vm/mapped

setting the amount of ram being mapped is the job of mappedWatermark patch which
makes the above tunable exposed to userspace, and is less aggressive than the standard linux
swappiness (hmm, something like this i think ;) ....)
Merlin-TC
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure what caused my ATI drivers not to compile anymore.
I updated to the latest xorg version and also updated the nitro sources.
And I just wanted to try some games to see if it still works. So after the kernel compile I have to reemrge the ATI drivers but it doesn't work, the drm module is not built.

Anyone here who got it to work with the ATI drivers?
Tiger683
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What errors?
Merlin-TC
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the complete error message:

Code:

emerge ati-drivers
Calculating dependencies  ...done!
>>> emerge (1 of 1) media-video/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3 to /
>>> md5 src_uri ;-) fglrx_6_8_0-8.8.25-1.i386.rpm
 * Determining the location of the kernel source code
 * Found kernel source directory:
 *     /usr/src/linux
 * Found sources for kernel version:
 *     2.6.11-rc2-nitro1
 * X11 implementation is xorg-x11.
>>> Unpacking source...
>>> Unpacking fglrx_6_8_0-8.8.25-1.i386.rpm
 * Applying 8.08-kernel-2.6.10.patch ...                                                                             [ ok ]
 * Applying 8.8.25-via-amd64.patch ...                                                                               [ ok ]
>>> Source unpacked.
 * Building the DRM module...
make: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.11-rc2-nitro1'
  CC [M]  /var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/agp3.o
  CC [M]  /var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/nvidia-agp.o
  CC [M]  /var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/agpgart_be.o
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/agpgart_be.c: In function `x86_64_insert_memory':
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/agpgart_be.c:3804: warning: integer constant is too large for "long" type
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/agpgart_be.c: In function `agp_find_supported_device':
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/agpgart_be.c:6543: warning: unused variable `cap_ptr'
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/agpgart_be.c: In function `__fgl_agp_init':
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/agpgart_be.c:7628: warning: `pm_register' is deprecated (declared at include/linux/pm.h:106)
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/agpgart_be.c: In function `__fgl_agp_cleanup':
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/agpgart_be.c:7638: warning: `pm_unregister_all' is deprecated (declared at include/linux/pm.h:116)
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/agpgart_be.c: At top level:
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/agpgart_be.c:6524: warning: 'agp_check_supported_device' defined but not used
  CC [M]  /var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/i7505-agp.o
  CC [M]  /var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.o
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c: In function `firegl_stub_putminor':
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c:504: warning: `inter_module_put' is deprecated (declared at include/linux/module.h:578)
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c:506: warning: `inter_module_unregister' is deprecated (declared at include/linux/module.h:574)
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c: In function `firegl_stub_register':
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c:526: warning: `inter_module_register' is deprecated (declared at include/linux/module.h:573)
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c:557: warning: `inter_module_put' is deprecated (declared at include/linux/module.h:578)
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c: In function `__ke_block_all_signals':
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c:800: warning: passing arg 1 of `block_all_signals' from incompatible pointer type
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c: In function `__ke_get_vm_phys_addr':
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c:1579: warning: passing arg 1 of `pmd_offset' from incompatible pointer type
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c: In function `__ke_request_irq':
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c:1913: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c: In function `do_vm_shm_nopage':
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c:2074: warning: passing arg 1 of `pmd_offset' from incompatible pointer type
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c: In function `__ke_vm_phys_addr_str':
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c:2445: warning: passing arg 1 of `pmd_offset' from incompatible pointer type
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c: At top level:
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c:2533: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c: In function `__ke_vm_map':
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c:2594: warning: implicit declaration of function `remap_page_range'
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c: At top level:
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c:2748: error: parse error before '*' token
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c:2748: warning: type defaults to `int' in declaration of `drm_agp_module_stub'
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c:2748: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c: In function `__ke_agpgart_available':
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c:2890: error: `drm_agp_t' undeclared (first use in this function)
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c:2890: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c:2890: error: for each function it appears in.)
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c:2890: error: parse error before ')' token
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c:2911: error: request for member `free_memory' in something not a structure or union
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c:2913: error: request for member `free_memory' in something not a structure or union
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c:2916: error: request for member `allocate_memory' in something not a structure or union
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c:2918: error: request for member `allocate_memory' in something not a structure or union
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c:2921: error: request for member `bind_memory' in something not a structure or union
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c:2923: error: request for member `bind_memory' in something not a structure or union
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c:2926: error: request for member `unbind_memory' in something not a structure or union
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c:2928: error: request for member `unbind_memory' in something not a structure or union
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c:2931: error: request for member `enable' in something not a structure or union
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c:2933: error: request for member `enable' in something not a structure or union
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c:2936: error: request for member `acquire' in something not a structure or union
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c:2938: error: request for member `acquire' in something not a structure or union
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c:2941: error: request for member `release' in something not a structure or union
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c:2943: error: request for member `release' in something not a structure or union
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c:2946: error: request for member `copy_info' in something not a structure or union
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c:2948: error: request for member `copy_info' in something not a structure or union
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c: In function `__ke_agp_uninit':
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c:3019: warning: `inter_module_put' is deprecated (declared at include/linux/module.h:578)
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c: In function `__ke_agp_free_memory':
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c:3052: error: request for member `free_memory' in something not a structure or union
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c:3053: error: request for member `free_memory' in something not a structure or union
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c: In function `__ke_agp_allocate_memory':
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c:3062: error: request for member `allocate_memory' in something not a structure or union
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c:3063: error: request for member `allocate_memory' in something not a structure or union
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c: In function `__ke_agp_bind_memory':
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c:3073: error: request for member `bind_memory' in something not a structure or union
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c:3074: error: request for member `bind_memory' in something not a structure or union
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c: In function `__ke_agp_unbind_memory':
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c:3084: error: request for member `unbind_memory' in something not a structure or union
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c:3085: error: request for member `unbind_memory' in something not a structure or union
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c: In function `__ke_agp_enable':
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c:3095: error: request for member `enable' in something not a structure or union
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c:3097: error: request for member `enable' in something not a structure or union
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c: In function `__ke_agp_acquire':
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c:3143: error: request for member `acquire' in something not a structure or union
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c:3144: error: request for member `acquire' in something not a structure or union
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c: In function `__ke_agp_release':
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c:3154: error: request for member `release' in something not a structure or union
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c:3155: error: request for member `release' in something not a structure or union
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c: In function `__ke_agp_copy_info':
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c:3168: error: request for member `copy_info' in something not a structure or union
/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c:3175: error: request for member `copy_info' in something not a structure or union
make[1]: *** [/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.o] Error 1
make: *** [_module_/var/tmp/portage/ati-drivers-8.8.25-r3/work/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod] Error 2
make: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.11-rc2-nitro1'
 * DRM module not built

I am running xorg-x11-6.8.1.904. If you need any other information please let me know.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: