Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Restrict InputDevice to particular screen?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xadium
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Restrict InputDevice to particular screen? Reply with quote

This is one of those posts that crosses between the DE and Multimedia forums so apologies if I've made the wrong decision.

I currently have xorg setup with my Nvidia GeForce 2MX gfx card working in a two-screen setup with Screen0 being my monitor and Screen1 being my TV. When I start KDE I get two different desktops and I can run MythTV on my TV and do everything fabulously. I have LIRC working with a remote control that enables me to do my own thing on my monitor and my other half to browse around Myth, watching videos and so on with the remote. The problem is that some of the windows that appear don't have focus and then I have to drag the mouse across and rescue Myth because LIRC doesn't work in the unfocused dialogues.

The remote control I'm using was only temporary and I've just been given a ShuttleX PN31 remote control with the USB receiver which I can plug into my box and xorg will recognise as a HID device, I can hammer buttons and it's just like typing on a keyboard which is great as long as you want to type into the current focused window. What I want to do is use that device for the MythTV screen and my normal keyboard and mouse for the monitor xorg display. Is this possible?

Sorry for long post and many thanks to anyone that can help!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: