Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
HOWTO Beagle Installation
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14, 15, 16  Next  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stalynx
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I upgraded to Beagle 0.0.10 via cvs and I used this patch for a basic config system to add roots to index. IMHO w/o this patch Beagle is pretty much worthless, I hope the config system is committed soon. Also my hd comes to a crawl when it tries to index my videos. So much so I removed them to be indexed. I haven't tried mp3s but I would guess it would do the same. So right now Beagle can just index past web pages and some of my manga collection. :?
herbo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stalynx wrote:
I upgraded to Beagle 0.0.10 via cvs and I used this patch for a basic config system to add roots to index. IMHO w/o this patch Beagle is pretty much worthless, I hope the config system is committed soon. Also my hd comes to a crawl when it tries to index my videos. So much so I removed them to be indexed. I haven't tried mp3s but I would guess it would do the same. So right now Beagle can just index past web pages and some of my manga collection. :?

I agree, I just wish they get that patch in and make beagle-config a normal part of beagle.

Although with the latest cvs or 0.0.10, mono goes crazy on my system and steals 99.9% of the cpu. Has anyone else seen this. Earlier cvs (say 1 week ago) or 0.0.9 and below worked fine.

I just recompiled mono with gcc 3.4.4, I wonder if this has anything to do with it? It shouldn't, but....

Until this is fixed and the config patch committed, beagle will probably have to remain disabled on my system.
stalynx
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What mono version are you running? I have mono 1.1.7. I have experienced mono going crazy and taking 99% of my cpu usage.. but this is with very large directories with big files. I just try to avoid indexing them.
herbo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stalynx wrote:
What mono version are you running? I have mono 1.1.7. I have experienced mono going crazy and taking 99% of my cpu usage.. but this is with very large directories with big files. I just try to avoid indexing them.

I have mono 1.1.7-r1, but beagle did not exhibit this behaviour until very recently (regardless of file or directory size). Looks like two of the most interesting projects around (gamin and beagle) have a long way to go....
stalynx
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also now it seems the indexer gets hung up on certain web pages.

Code:

ps ax | grep mono

shows several instances of the indexer trying to handle webpages, they tend to be links to ads. I pretty much have to do killall mono. This release is almost unusable. :(
lmcogs
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Where do you get ebuild for beagle-0.0.10?

lmcogs
jonls
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I read somewhere that mono 1.1.7 going crazy is a known problem ... I don't remember where (and beagle can't find it...)

lmcogs wrote:
Hi

Where do you get ebuild for beagle-0.0.10?

lmcogs

search for beagle in bugs.gentoo.org
GaMMa
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was waiting for the last release so I wouldn't need dbus. I installed it, and noticed it doesn't support Reiser4 :(.
herbo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest CVS (5th June) has the beagle-config in it, so thats good... no more patching.

However mono going crazy and taking 100% of the cpu still exists. This makes beagle totally unusable and I can't find any information about it or even similar problems...

Tis a real shame....
biner
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: How to index thunderbird Reply with quote

Does anyone know how to enable the thunderbird indexing? I've been reading around, and apparently the backend is in Beagle, but I can't figure out how to enable it. This would be a really useful feature I think for a lot of people.

Thanks
honigsalz
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello, i'm trying to install beagle. so far everything (mono 1.1.8, *-sharp) went fine but when it comes to compile beagle itself i get this error:
Quote:
checking for gtk+-2.0 >= 2.2 mozilla-gtkmozembed... yes
checking LIBGECKOGLUE_CFLAGS... -DXTHREADS -D_REENTRANT -DXUSE_MTSAFE_API -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/freetype2/config -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/lib/mozilla/include/gtkembedmoz -I/usr/lib/mozilla/include -I/usr/lib/mozilla/include/xpcom -I/usr/lib/mozilla/include/string -I/usr/lib/mozilla/include/nspr
checking LIBGECKOGLUE_LIBS... -L/usr/lib/mozilla -lgtk-x11-2.0 -lgdk-x11-2.0 -latk-1.0 -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lm -lpangoxft-1.0 -lpangox-1.0 -lpango-1.0 -lgobject-2.0 -lgmodule-2.0 -lglib-2.0 -lgtkembedmoz -lxpcom -lplds4 -lplc4 -lnspr4 -lpthread -ldl
checking for gtk-sharp glade-sharp gecko-sharp = 0.6 gnome-sharp gconf-sharp gmime-sharp >= 2.1.13... Variable 'exec_prefix' not defined in '/usr/lib/pkgconfig/gmime-sharp.pc'

configure: error: Library requirements (gtk-sharp glade-sharp gecko-sharp = 0.6 gnome-sharp gconf-sharp gmime-sharp >= 2.1.13) not met; consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.

!!! Please attach the config.log to your bug report:
!!! /var/tmp/portage/beagle-0.0.11-r1/work/beagle-0.0.11/config.log

!!! ERROR: app-misc/beagle-0.0.11-r1 failed.
!!! Function econf, Line 485, Exitcode 0
!!! econf failed
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, NOT this status message.

one thing that kept me wondering is the requirement "gmime-sharp >= 2.1.13". does this mean i've to install something extra to gmime? after all there's no such package.
i've installed the other packages required (gtk-sharp glade-sharp gecko-sharp = 0.6 gnome-sharp gconf-sharp)
please help me!
Shadow Skill
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it has to do with the mono use flag for gmime which I cannot seem to enable for some strange reason; however it maybe be because of some wierdness related to the fact that I am running amd64. [I edited a few ebuilds to get around the keyword errors. :) ] If you get that use flag to work with Gmime let me know because I have the same error as you.

EDIT:
I defeated beagle, follow the instructions here https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-342563-highlight-beagle.html you have to comment out the line with mono to enable the use flag thn rebuild gmime and then build beagle.

"First there was nothing, so the lord gave us light. There was still nothing, but at least you could see it."
lmcogs
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I successfully installed beagle after quite a bit of effort and help from you all but either using best or beagle-equery the program does not seem to search for document files.

beagle-status gives

Scheduler:
Count: 2
Scheduler queue is empty.

Beagle does search for and finds program files. e.g beagle-query firefox
file:///usr/share/applications/mozillafirefox.desktop
file:///home/lmcogs/.gnome2/panel2.d/default/launchers/hammer-006e16049c.desktop

Running 'best' I get this warning
best
Rendering
Done Rendering: .44s
WARN: GConf key '/apps/Beagle/keybindings/show_beagle' does not exist, using default.
DEBUG: Binding key 'F12' for '/apps/Beagle/keybindings/show_beagle'

Another question is how do you load it up on kde startup?

My system is kernel 2.6.11-r11 kde 3.4.1 beagle 0.0.10 mono-1.1.8 dbus 0.23.4

lmcogs
dsd
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: How to index thunderbird Reply with quote

biner wrote:
Does anyone know how to enable the thunderbird indexing? I've been reading around, and apparently the backend is in Beagle, but I can't figure out how to enable it. This would be a really useful feature I think for a lot of people.

there is preliminary code for non-evolution mail indexing but it is not operational and hasnt been touched in some time. you can find the backend code at beagled/MozillaQueryable/MozillaQueryable.cs if you check it out from cvs
honigsalz
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

honigsalz wrote:

checking for gtk-sharp glade-sharp gecko-sharp = 0.6 gnome-sharp gconf-sharp gmime-sharp >= 2.1.13... Variable 'exec_prefix' not defined in '/usr/lib/pkgconfig/gmime-sharp.pc'

the problem was, as the error message said, that there's an undefined variable 'exec_prefix' in gmime-sharp.pc
i fixed this by setting the variable manually to
Code:
exec_prefix={prefix}

however it still fails at compilation:
Quote:
Unhandled Exception: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct f ormat.
in <0x00070> System.String:ParseFormatSpecifier (System.String str, System.Int32 ptr, System.Int32 n, System.Int32 width, System.Boolean left_align, System.Stri ng format)
in <0x00115> System.String:FormatHelper (System.Text.StringBuilder result, IForm atProvider provider, System.String format, System.Object[] args)
in <0x0002b> System.String:Format (IFormatProvider provider, System.String forma t, System.Object[] args)
in <0x0000f> System.String:Format (System.String format, System.Object[] args)
in <0x0001f> Mono.CSharp.Report:Error (Int32 code, System.String format, System. Object[] args)
in <0x003f2> Mono.CSharp.Driver:LoadAssembly (System.String assembly, Boolean so ft)
in <0x00083> Mono.CSharp.Driver:LoadReferences ()
in <0x00676> Mono.CSharp.Driver:MainDriver (System.String[] args)
in <0x0000f> Mono.CSharp.Driver:Main (System.String[] args)
make[2]: *** [Util.dll] Fehler 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/beagle-0.0.11-r1/work/beagle-0.0.11 /Util'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/beagle-0.0.11-r1/work/beagle-0.0.11 '
make: *** [all] Fehler 2

!!! Function gnome2_src_compile, Line 41, Exitcode 2
!!! compile failure
biner
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

honigsalz wrote:
honigsalz wrote:

the problem was, as the error message said, that there's an undefined variable 'exec_prefix' in gmime-sharp.pc
i fixed this by setting the variable manually to
Code:
exec_prefix={prefix}

however it still fails at compilation:
Quote:
Unhandled Exception: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct f ormat.
in <0x00070> System.String:ParseFormatSpecifier (System.String str, System.Int32 ptr, System.Int32 n, System.Int32 width, System.Boolean left_align, System.Stri ng format)
in <0x00115> System.String:FormatHelper (System.Text.StringBuilder result, IForm atProvider provider, System.String format, System.Object[] args)
in <0x0002b> System.String:Format (IFormatProvider provider, System.String forma t, System.Object[] args)
in <0x0000f> System.String:Format (System.String format, System.Object[] args)
in <0x0001f> Mono.CSharp.Report:Error (Int32 code, System.String format, System. Object[] args)
in <0x003f2> Mono.CSharp.Driver:LoadAssembly (System.String assembly, Boolean so ft)
in <0x00083> Mono.CSharp.Driver:LoadReferences ()
in <0x00676> Mono.CSharp.Driver:MainDriver (System.String[] args)
in <0x0000f> Mono.CSharp.Driver:Main (System.String[] args)
make[2]: *** [Util.dll] Fehler 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/beagle-0.0.11-r1/work/beagle-0.0.11 /Util'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/beagle-0.0.11-r1/work/beagle-0.0.11 '
make: *** [all] Fehler 2

!!! compile failure

If you look at your output below... note the -r:{prefix}/lib/mono/gmime-sharp/gmime-sharp.dll which should read -r:/usr/lib/mono/gmime-sharp/gmime-sharp.dll which should

-r:/usr/lib/mono/gtk-sharp/gtk-sharp.dll -r:/usr/lib/mono/gtk-sharp/glade-sharp.dll -r:/usr/lib/mono/gecko-sharp/gecko-sharp.dll -r:/usr/lib/mono/gtk-sharp/gnome-sharp.dll -r:/usr/lib/mono/gtk-sharp/art-sharp.dll -r:/usr/lib/mono/gtk-sharp/gconf-sharp.dll -r:/usr/lib/mono/gtk-sharp/gconf-sharp-peditors.dll -r:{prefix}/lib/mono/gmime-sharp/gmime-sharp.dll -r:System.Web.Services -r:Mono.Data.SqliteClient -r:Mono.Posix

You need to add exec_prefix=${prefix} to ,/usr/lib/pkgconfig/gmime-sharp.pc. Note the $, otherwise beagle compilation will not find the right files
honigsalz
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biner wrote:

You need to add exec_prefix=${prefix} to ,/usr/lib/pkgconfig/gmime-sharp.pc. Note the $, otherwise beagle compilation will not find the right files

thanks a lot!
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I just try get beagle compiled on my laptop.
but even after fixing the gmime-sharp.pc thing, I can not made it to compile.

Code:

mcs -debug -nowarn:0067,0618 -unsafe -out:Util.dll -target:library -define:OS_LINUX  camel.cs CommandLineFu.cs CompatFileChooser.cs Conf.cs DirectoryWalker.cs Evolution.cs ExceptionHandlingThread.cs ExifData.cs ExtendedAttribute.cs FileAdvise.cs FileSystem.cs FrequencyStatistics.cs FSpotTools.cs GeckoUtils.cs gnome.cs GtkUtils.cs GuidFu.cs HigMessageDialog.cs ImBuddy.cs ImLog.cs Inotify.cs JpegHeader.cs KdeUtils.cs Logger.cs Mozilla.cs MultiReader.cs NautilusTools.cs Note.cs PathFinder.cs PullingReader.cs Scheduler.cs Stopwatch.cs StringFu.cs StringMatcher.cs SystemInformation.cs Timeline.cs UnixClient.cs UnixListener.cs UriFu.cs Vfs.cs XKeybinder.cs ApeReader.cs Mp3Reader.cs FlacReader.cs OggReader.cs Tag.cs GoogleSearch.cs ExternalStringsHack.cs -r:/usr/lib/mono/gtk-sharp/glib-sharp.dll -r:/usr/lib/mono/gtk-sharp/pango-sharp.dll -r:/usr/lib/mono/gtk-sharp/atk-sharp.dll -r:/usr/lib/mono/gtk-sharp/gdk-sharp.dll -r:/usr/lib/mono/gtk-sharp/gtk-sharp.dll -r:/usr/lib/mono/gtk-sharp/glade-sharp.dll -r:/usr/lib/mono/gecko-sharp/gecko-sharp.dll -r:/usr/lib/mono/gtk-sharp/gnome-sharp.dll -r:/usr/lib/mono/gtk-sharp/art-sharp.dll -r:/usr/lib/mono/gtk-sharp/gconf-sharp.dll -r:/usr/lib/mono/gtk-sharp/gconf-sharp-peditors.dll -r:/usr/lib/mono/gmime-sharp/gmime-sharp.dll   -r:System.Web.Services -r:Mono.Data.SqliteClient -r:Mono.Posix
ExtendedAttribute.cs(45) error CS0117: `Beagle.Util.ExternalStringsHack' does not contain a definition for `XattrLib'
ExtendedAttribute.cs(48) error CS0117: `Beagle.Util.ExternalStringsHack' does not contain a definition for `XattrLib'
ExtendedAttribute.cs(51) error CS0117: `Beagle.Util.ExternalStringsHack' does not contain a definition for `XattrLib'
ExtendedAttribute.cs(57) error CS0117: `Beagle.Util.ExternalStringsHack' does not contain a definition for `XattrLib'
ExtendedAttribute.cs(60) error CS0117: `Beagle.Util.ExternalStringsHack' does not contain a definition for `XattrLib'
ExtendedAttribute.cs(63) error CS0117: `Beagle.Util.ExternalStringsHack' does not contain a definition for `XattrLib'
Compilation failed: 6 error(s), 0 warnings
make[2]: *** [Util.dll] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/beagle-0.0.11-r1/work/beagle-0.0.11/Util'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/beagle-0.0.11-r1/work/beagle-0.0.11'
make: *** [all] Error 2

!!! ERROR: net-misc/beagle-0.0.11-r1 failed.
!!! compile failure

Anyone have an idea what this could be?
I use the latest ebuild from bugzilla.

Tnx Alex
honigsalz
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i re-compiled mono after fixing this gmime-sharp.pc thing. maybe it's got something to do with that?
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope... I tried that. the error is the same after that.
Just for the info i am using mono 1.06

Update:
Ok got i compiled after using mono 1.1.8 :)
AlfredoButtari
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm trying to emerge beagle but i have this error:

Quote:

Target OS: linux
Extended Attributes: libc

Prefix: /usr
GNOME Prefix: /usr
KDE Prefix: unknown; will guess at runtime

Evolution-Sharp? yes
gsf-sharp? no
gst-sharp? no
Epiphany Extension? no
Mozilla Extension? yes
wv1? yes
libchm? yes

Local SqliteClient? yes

Enable WebServices no

make all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/beagle-0.0.11-r1/work/beagle-0.0.11'
Making all in po
make[2]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/beagle-0.0.11-r1/work/beagle-0.0.11/po'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/beagle-0.0.11-r1/work/beagle-0.0.11/po'
Making all in Util
make[2]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/beagle-0.0.11-r1/work/beagle-0.0.11/Util'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `ChmFile.cs', needed by `Util.dll'. Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/beagle-0.0.11-r1/work/beagle-0.0.11/Util'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/beagle-0.0.11-r1/work/beagle-0.0.11'

does anybody have an idea about the reason of this error?

Thank you
AlfredoButtari
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlfredoButtari wrote:
Hi,
I'm trying to emerge beagle but i have this error:

Quote:

Target OS: linux
Extended Attributes: libc

Prefix: /usr
GNOME Prefix: /usr
KDE Prefix: unknown; will guess at runtime

Evolution-Sharp? yes
gsf-sharp? no
gst-sharp? no
Epiphany Extension? no
Mozilla Extension? yes
wv1? yes
libchm? yes

Local SqliteClient? yes

Enable WebServices no

make all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/beagle-0.0.11-r1/work/beagle-0.0.11'
Making all in po
make[2]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/beagle-0.0.11-r1/work/beagle-0.0.11/po'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/beagle-0.0.11-r1/work/beagle-0.0.11/po'
Making all in Util
make[2]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/beagle-0.0.11-r1/work/beagle-0.0.11/Util'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `ChmFile.cs', needed by `Util.dll'. Stop.

does anybody have an idea about the reason of this error?

Thank you

ok (it's almost embarassing to answer myself) i solved it. I just took ChmFile.cs from Beagle cvs and copied it in /var/tmp/portage/beagle-0.0.11-r1/work/beagle-0.0.11/Util

maybe there is a better way to solve the problem but this seems to work
dsd
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that problem is fixed in beagle 0.0.11.1
and the gmime problem is fixed in gmime 2.1.14-r1

Last edited by dsd on Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
AlfredoButtari
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dsd wrote:
that problem is fixed in beagle 0.0.11.1
and the gmime problem is fixed in beagle 2.1.14-r1

Hi dsd,
is there any ebuild for it?
I have one more problem. When I
Quote:
beagled --fg --debug

I have this message
Quote:
DEBUG: Purging /home/buttari/.beagle/FileSystemIndex

and thus my filesystem has to be re-indexed every time I start the daemon. I read somewhere that this bug (I don't even know wether this is a bug) is going to be fixed in beagle-0.0.11.1. Is there any temporary fix for this or do I have to wait for an 0.0.11.1 ebuild?

Thanks a lot
honigsalz
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlfredoButtari wrote:
or do I have to wait for an 0.0.11.1 ebuild?

i just renamed the 0.0.11-r1 ebuild to 0.0.11.1 and downloaded the sources. installation worked fine, let's see if this also solves the problem with re-indexing every time
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 11 of 16

Jump to: