Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
[emerge -uD world] gcc 3.4.3.20050110 / gcc3.4.3-r1?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
landon
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:15 am    Post subject: [emerge -uD world] gcc 3.4.3.20050110 / gcc3.4.3-r1? Reply with quote

Why is it that with each successive emerge --sync, emerge -uvD world insists on upgrading gcc to either version?

To clarify, let's say that I had gcc-3.4.3.20050110 installed on my system. After emerge --sync, emerge -uvpD world tells me that gcc-3.4.3-r1 is available as an update. After updating gcc, the next emerge --sync, emerge -uvpD world would tell me to "upgrade" back to gcc-3.4.3.20050110. It always tells me to update to either one.

What's the deal with that?
macawgumbo
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not 100% sure, but from the looks of it, it seems to be a bug (not necessarily a real one) It looks as though the different naming schemes are interferring with each other. I would just not emerge that or do it each time (though it is a long compile) I wonder if you try a gcc-config and select a different compiler version either the r1 or the one with the date. I would post the gcc-config output here.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: