Mplayerplug-in 2.7.5
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lokheed
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:34 am    Post subject: Mplayerplug-in 2.7.5 Reply with quote

New version out and thought I would save everybody some hefty compile times and show you the "proper" installation folder as well.

Here are the latest binaries first off:

http://www3.telus.net/titancreations/temp/mplayerplug-in.so
http://www3.telus.net/titancreations/temp/mplayerplug-in.xpt

Even if you choose to compile them yourself, they should be installed in .mozilla and not where the author specifies. They should be installed into your profile and not in the root directory of your program.

Put mplayerplug-in.so in:
Code:
~/.mozilla/plugins/

and mplayerplug-in.xpt in:
Code:
~/.mozilla/firefox/components/

Happy viewing :)
yaneurabeya
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, thanks lok! I really wish they would fix the Gecko emerge issue though :(...
Lokheed
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yaneurabeya wrote:
Great, thanks lok! I really wish they would fix the Gecko emerge issue though :(...

Thats a huge deal when you need to compile the gecko sdk's for a 300 KB plugin. They should really just release binaries of the maplyerplug-in or at the very least, fix it so it pulls the binary of the sdk's. Compiling the sdk wont give you any benefit here and just wastes hours of compile time for no reason at all.
yaneurabeya
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, agreed.
beandog
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats up with that gecko-sdk thing anyway? *too lazy to google for the answer, as usual*

I tried the latest mplayerplug-in from the website, and it crashed my mozilla anytime I'd load anything, so I just went back to the latest unstable in portage.

What really rocks is the awesome configuration options. Now I dont have to grep the stupid Apple Trailers html code to download movies. ( http://mplayerplug-in.sourceforge.net/config.php )
Lokheed
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdibb wrote:
Whats up with that gecko-sdk thing anyway? *too lazy to google for the answer, as usual*

I tried the latest mplayerplug-in from the website, and it crashed my mozilla anytime I'd load anything, so I just went back to the latest unstable in portage.

What really rocks is the awesome configuration options. Now I dont have to grep the stupid Apple Trailers html code to download movies. ( http://mplayerplug-in.sourceforge.net/config.php )

mplayerplug-in requires the mozilla or gecko sdk's to compile against. The brilliant maintainers of the ebuild in portage have the ebuild set to compile the sdk as well.

This is completely pointless as you just need the sdk binaries to compile against, they arent used for anything else.

If you can speed up a 300KB plugin or optimize it from compiling against a gecko sdk compile from your system, I will send you my PC with my wallet and my left testicle to boot. Its just a really stupid and sensless waste of time.
magbenji
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I built the latest mplayerplug-in (2.80), but I can't seem to get it to work. When I try to use the plugin I get a gray box with a progress bar that shows the buffering... I can right click on the gray box and select play and then a message in the box suggests that it is playing the movies, but I see nothing other than the box and the message. What is the problem here? I noticed that when I emerged the mplayerplug-in I didn't get a mplayerplug-in.xpt file (I did copy the *.so file to my .mozilla directory). Could this be the problem? If so, why didn't I get this file from the emerge?
Lokheed
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

magbenji wrote:
Hi, I built the latest mplayerplug-in (2.80), but I can't seem to get it to work. When I try to use the plugin I get a gray box with a progress bar that shows the buffering... I can right click on the gray box and select play and then a message in the box suggests that it is playing the movies, but I see nothing other than the box and the message. What is the problem here? I noticed that when I emerged the mplayerplug-in I didn't get a mplayerplug-in.xpt file (I did copy the *.so file to my .mozilla directory). Could this be the problem? If so, why didn't I get this file from the emerge?

Yes I believe it is. I dont know, I think this has been fixed in the ebuild or perhpaps simply a bug filed. Either way, you dont need to download and install and compile the gecko sdks so I would recommend against emerging this plugin.

To to the mplayerplug-in site and download the latest tarball from FC3. Unpack it using rpm2targz and untar the tarball. Go into the libs folder and find the *.so and *.xpt files and put them in the places I specified above. Create the directories if you have too. That should solve your problems. If the plugin isnt being recognized by your browser make sure you delete mplayplug-in.conf if you have one.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: