View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaxAuthority
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Man pages for kdelibs classes Reply with quote

Hi,

I really like Qt's way of providing man pages for all Q* classes, which can be quickly looked up inside vim or with man.

However for the kdelibs classes like KPushButton, no such man pages exist. I figured out, that the admin/Doxyfile.global has GENERATE_MAN set to "no".

Is there some global way to build kde man pages? Or do you think that gentoo should provide a way to say "USE=man emerge kdelibs", or even automatically patch the Doxygen file to install man pages when "USE=doc" is true?

regards,

Martin
MasterX
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this help?
http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/3.3-api/
MaxAuthority
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterX wrote:
Does this help?
http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/3.3-api/

Thanks for the quick answer, but I really think man pages are far superior for me than HTML help, since `less' still has better vim-like navigation than any gui-browser (including konqueror).

And the next reason is, in vim i can press 'K' when the cursor is over a keyword and it opends the man page in a split window.

You could fake that behavior with a small mapping, but it won't work as good as for man pages.

I am just wondering, why it is possible to generate man pages for Doxygen commented code, but it is not installed :(

But maybe I should write to the KDE devs, but thought maybe this problem is fixable otherwise.
MasterX
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, in vim you press k to follow the link, on a web page you just click on it.
The only problem with webpages is that you have to constantly be online. I prefer the html version, it is easy to navigate, but it is a matter of what you are used to.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: