expand livecd - installation problem - no space on device
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nhk
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: expand livecd - installation problem - no space on device Reply with quote

hi guys,

I tried installing Gentoo 2004.3. I used the minimal Live CD. I got the stage 3 tarball from one of the Gentoo mirrors. After formatting, mounting the partitions and changing directory to /mnt/gentoo, I tried to extract the stage 3 tarball. After some extraction, I got a message 'No space on device'. I aborted the extraction process. I checked the size of the livecd by using the 'df' command. It was listed as /dev/loop/0, mounted as /mnt/livecd and had a size of ~ 45 MB. The file use was 100%. I would like to know if there is a way to resize the livecd image. I searched for a solution. I found some web pages with info. on cloop, parted, squashfs etc. I tried to unmount /dev/loop/0 so that I can resize it using parted. But, it said '/mnt/cdrom is busy'. Is there a fix for this problem? Thanks. Bye.

nhk
Maedhros
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure you've mounted the partitions, and are in the right place? You can't resize the livecd's root partition, and even if you could, it's all in the RAM anyway. :wink:
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: