View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
orangeutan
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: xorg 6.8.2, /usr/include/GL/ files gone?,glitz compile fails Reply with quote

Running into an interesting problem now that xorg 6.8.2 is installed when trying to install glitz.

I'm not sure, but from what I've been able to determine from the current state of my box, /usr/include/GL/gl.h came from a previous version of xorg.
Code:
qpkg -f /usr/include/GL/gl.h
returns empty (can't find the owning package)
whereas
Code:
qpkg -f /usr/lib/opengl/xorg-x11/include/gl.h
identifies xorg-x11 as the owner

What this has to do with glitz is that glits (0.2.3) seems to be referencing /usr/include/GL/gl.h, and in turn, gl.h includes /usr/include/GL/glext.h...

/usr/include/GL/glext.h no longer exists on my system :? However, /usr/lib/opengl/xorg-x11/include/glext.h _does_ (and is owned by xorg)...

Thus, I conclude that an xorg update has either not quite worked correctly on my system (why is gl.h still there if it isn't owned?) or has shuffled things about, or there is a bug...

I'm suspecting 6.8.2, though I can't be certain as I have not installed glitz before or had a similar problem like this, however,
Code:
locate glext.h
indicates /usr/include/GL/glext.h should exist and my locate db should only be a day old or so, and the only xorg update I've performed in that time is to 6.8.2.

Does anyone who is more knowledgable about these things have any thoughts or know if I should be trying to submit an xorg bug report? Here is the glitz error information just to be complete. It didn't seem to me to be a bug to submit to glitz unless xorg is changing where these files are and the glitz code needs to be updated to match.
Code:
In file included from glitz_glxint.h:31,
                 from glitz_glx_surface.c:32:
glitzint.h:569: warning: `__visibility__' attribute ignored on non-class types
glitzint.h:651: warning: `__visibility__' attribute ignored on non-class types
In file included from glitz_glxint.h:35,
                 from glitz_glx_surface.c:32:
/usr/include/GL/gl.h:2140:22: GL/glext.h: No such file or directory
In file included from glitz_glx_surface.c:32:
glitz_glxint.h:145: warning: `__visibility__' attribute ignored on non-class types
glitz_glxint.h:153: warning: `__visibility__' attribute ignored on non-class types
glitz_glxint.h:164: warning: `__visibility__' attribute ignored on non-class types
glitz_glxint.h:173: warning: `__visibility__' attribute ignored on non-class types
glitz_glxint.h:176: warning: `__visibility__' attribute ignored on non-class types
make[2]: *** [libglitz_glx_la-glitz_glx_surface.lo] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
 i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -O3 -mtune=athlon-xp -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -mmmx -m3dnow -msse -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wnested-externs -fno-strict-aliasing -MT libglitz_glx_la-glitz_glx_format.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libglitz_glx_la-glitz_glx_format.Tpo -c glitz_glx_format.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/libglitz_glx_la-glitz_glx_format.o
In file included from glitz_glxint.h:31,
                 from glitz_glx_format.c:32:
glitzint.h:569: warning: `__visibility__' attribute ignored on non-class types
glitzint.h:651: warning: `__visibility__' attribute ignored on non-class types
In file included from glitz_glxint.h:35,
                 from glitz_glx_format.c:32:
/usr/include/GL/gl.h:2140:22: GL/glext.h: No such file or directory
In file included from glitz_glx_format.c:32:
glitz_glxint.h:145: warning: `__visibility__' attribute ignored on non-class types
glitz_glxint.h:153: warning: `__visibility__' attribute ignored on non-class types
glitz_glxint.h:164: warning: `__visibility__' attribute ignored on non-class types
glitz_glxint.h:173: warning: `__visibility__' attribute ignored on non-class types
glitz_glxint.h:176: warning: `__visibility__' attribute ignored on non-class types
make[2]: *** [libglitz_glx_la-glitz_glx_format.lo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/glitz-0.2.3/work/glitz-0.2.3/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/glitz-0.2.3/work/glitz-0.2.3'
make: *** [all] Error 2
raylpc
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

please make sure you have the opengl-update pointing to the right GL implementation.
Try
Code:
opengl-update --get-implementation
and see if it's the right one.

Last time, when I switched from nvidia to xorg-x11 and forgot to issue opengl-update, I got the same error.
J0Ba
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also try the latest (~) version of opengl-update, as they've fixed a lot of symlink issues in that version.
orangeutan
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject: opengl-update seems to be correct and the latest Reply with quote

Thanks for your tips. Interesting information: I already was running opengl-update 2.1.1 (and have ~x86 "turned on" in my make.conf, so it should be the latest). opengl-update --get-implementation returned 'ati', which is how I had it set prior to the xorg update, and everything with my video card (9700 Pro) was/is running correctly, including hardware 3d acceleration.

However, as soon as I did
Code:
opengl-update ati
the glitz build problem went away! :D Thanks, both of you, very much for your help. Hopefully this thread will do someone else good in the future as well.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: