Some profile BS
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kiss-o-matic
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:58 am    Post subject: Some profile BS Reply with quote

I'm installing from a 2004.2 CD-Rom that I've had for quite a while. I've downloaded the latest portage, and it's whining to me that my profile is deprecated. I try to run emerge -n whatever to update it, I've got network problems. I got out of the chrooted environment, made a few changes (default gateway was wrong) restarted net.eth0, and re chrooted into my environment. Same thing... can't download any packages. I try running ping, ifconfig, to make sure my network settings are right, but those apparently aren't in the chrooted environment. Okay, why not just restart net.eth0? B/c /etc/init.d/net.eth0 restart returns some error (can't run /sbin/depscan.sh...b/c it ain't there). I figure I might as well just blow it off but what's the first thing you have to do after chrooting? emerge --sync, which don't work. So, should I just download 2004.3 and go home for the night?
kd03
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you copy /etc/resolv.conf before chrooting? That's the most common reason for no network in the chrooted environment.

-k
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: