View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gyzmobro
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:52 am    Post subject: KDE Desktop Margins Reply with quote

I'm a big fan of the desktop margins in XFCE that let me conveniently stash GKrellms and XMMS on the sides of my screen, keeping other application windows out of their way. I run XFCE on one of my boxes, but on the othr I run KDE and I want a similar solution. Months ago, I researched this problem and I found out the easiest way to implement desktop margins would be to add child panels out of kicker, minimizing the length, and changing the size to fit my needs. For an added nice touch, I made the panels transparent. My GKrellms and XMMS run automatically on KDE startup. This worked well in KDE 3.2, but now that I upgraded to 3.3, KDE nudges those windows aside out of their normal place within the margins every time it starts up. This is annoying because I have to move them back every time. Does anyone have a better idea for margin implementation or otherwise a way to make KDE stop moving the application windows every time I run them?
statmobile
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you ever find a solution to this problem, I've been dying to figure this out for months.
gyzmobro
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, not yet.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: