Forgot e100
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erestar
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Forgot e100 Reply with quote

Hey everyone,
Apparently I forgot to emerge e100 after I used genkerenl while going through the handbook. So, when I rebooted netmount failed. I've seen a lot of posts about this but I'm not really sure what relates to what, so I'm starting yet another thread.

Following some suggestions from the other posts though, I can tell you that in my installation it was seeing the Intel Ethernet Adapter in the PCI list. I don't believe it was showing up in /proc/inturrepts.

Anyway, what I did was this... I booted off of the CD again, remounted the partitions just like going through the install, chrooted, and tried to do the emerge e100. When I do so, I get a "Warning, kernel source configuration does not match current configuration" (or something like that... It scrolls off pretty fast).

I can take a guess about that and assume its because the kernel on the LiveCD I'm using is different then the one I'm chrooted into, but I really don't know what I'm talking about so that's probably wrong.

Anyway, I was wondering if I can get some advice... Since I can download anything from my install because there's no network, it seems like I'm going to have to do soemthing from the LiveCD, but I'm having the "not match" error.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a ton.

Jim

PS

I did emerge dhcpcd.
po0f
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure that the right modulde for your network card is getting loaded at boot? You have to add the modules you want to autoload in '/etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6'.
Erestar
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm not _entirely_ sure... I know that in the install I didn't emerge e100, which seems to be for Intel Ethernet 100 cards, which is what I have...

In the autoload file you said I didn't have anything so I put e100 in there just to see. Its rebooting now...
Erestar
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice ! That totally worked. I can't believe it !

This isn't so hard :-p Kinda fun !

Thank you very much.
Zuti
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you dont have to reboot, do:
Code:
modprobe e100

BTW you dont need to emerge e100 (it wont work with kernel 2.6.10 anyway), but theres a driver in the kernel.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: