LiveCD and Mouse
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SAngeli
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: LiveCD and Mouse Reply with quote

Hi,

When you boot with LiveCD to install Gentoo, after Gentoo finished loading, you are at the promt ready to perform the installation. Is there a way to enable the mouse or I do not remember correctly and instead it works?
I wish to use the mouse so that I can cut paste and others.

Also, when you perform (as an example) dmesg|grep hd it displays all entries and highlights the word hd in read color. Is it possible to do the same on a production PC both as root and normal user? This is really useful.

Thank you,
Spiro
kimchi_sg
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject: Re: LiveCD and Mouse Reply with quote

SAngeli wrote:
When you boot with LiveCD to install Gentoo, after Gentoo finished loading, you are at the promt ready to perform the installation. Is there a way to enable the mouse or I do not remember correctly and instead it works?
I wish to use the mouse so that I can cut paste and others.

The GPM service is started in the liveCD. Try to move your mouse and see if it is detected.

Copy by selecting text, then paste by middle-clicking where you want it to be. :D
SAngeli
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I discovered that if I do not start the gpm service, LiveCD does not start it automatically.

So, I do /etcinit.d/gpm start

Do you know how to map the mouse buttons so that I have Right button instead of Middle for Paste?
I assume that the Copy function is automatically done as soon as you release the Left mouse button. Correct?

Thanks,
Spiro
kimchi_sg
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SAngeli wrote:
Do you know how to map the mouse buttons so that I have Right button instead of Middle for Paste?

No.

But if you want to do this because you have a 2-button mouse, you can substitute the middle-click with clicking both left and right mouse buttons at the same time.
SAngeli wrote:
I assume that the Copy function is automatically done as soon as you release the Left mouse button. Correct?

Yes.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: