Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Can't Start Servers on eth1 (only on eth0)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark Ninja
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Can't Start Servers on eth1 (only on eth0) Reply with quote

I have a couple servers set up on my laptop, one being a CVS server, and the other an FTP server. They work fine when I have a wired internet connection (eth0), like when I'm at home. When I'm away during the day (at work, etc), I use wireless connections. If I try to start up one of my servers on a wireless connection, it automatically tries to start up eth0 (and obviously fails). When it cannot start eth0, the server stops. Is there any way to start a server using a wireless connection to the internet (eth1)?
angoraspruce
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have internet access on the wireless (via eth1), but your servers balk at using eth1, but launch fine with eth0. If so, have you checked your iptables rules? They might be blocking the servers. What kind of error messages do you get?

Best regards :)
Dark Ninja
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I thought, but the problem is that when I attempt to run a server, even if I'm already connected on eth1, after I run the init.d script, the server attempts to bring up eth0. When it can't ('cause I'm not connected on eth0) then it fails and doesn't start.

Any ideas? Thanks
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: