View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
don quixada
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: musical fonts? Reply with quote

Does anyone know how I can install some musical fonts? I'm trying to create flash cards in gimp and I don't know how to get simple symbols like `b' and the whole note etc...

Any help would be appreciated.

dq
Sith_Happens
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just look around the internet for music related true type fonts. Here are some I found just by googling it. Just place the .ttf files in a directory under /usr/share/fonts, maybe in /usr/share/fonts/TTF, or in your own directory. If you place the fonts in /usr/share/fonts/TTF, then no editing of your xorg.conf file is neccessary. If you add it to another directory, you'll have to add it to your xorg.conf file where the font directories are listed. Before you do that however, run these commands.
Code:
cd /usr/share/fonts/TTF
ttfmkfdir > fonts.scale
mkfontdir
This needs to be done regardless of whether you install the fonts in an existing font directory or in a new one. Then just edit your xorg.conf if neccessary and your done. Restart X and run GIMP, the fonts should show up.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: