View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mxc
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Cannot find jedit -4.2-r1 after emerge Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have just emerge jedit 4.2-r1 and now it seems that the startup script for jedit has disappeared. Before I could click on the icon in gnome and it would start or just type "jedit" at the command prompt and it would start. Now the icon is gone and typing jedit at the command prompt, even as root, results in nothing.

I have done an updatedb and then a locate for jedit. But it appears that there is no jedit script to start up. I just get tones of entries in /usr/share/jedit/
jdfrens
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: java-pkg-dojar Reply with quote

I'm having the same trouble this morning. As part of the emerge, I find these errors:

Code:

>>> Install jedit-4.2-r1 into /var/tmp/portage/jedit-4.2-r1/image/ category app-editors
/usr/lib/portage/bin/ebuild.sh: line 58: java-pkg-dojar: command not found
install: cannot stat `macro': No such file or directory
Could not find package jedit
cat: jedit: No such file or directory
>>> dobin: making jedit executable...
install: cannot stat `jedit': No such file or directory

I'm not sure where to find this java-pkg-dojar.

jdf
monkey89
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appears to me as though the -r1 ebuild is using the java-utils eclass to build jedit, while the normal one uses a shell script that runs it on the fly. I'd assume there's a benefit to the first, but it looks like you'll have to wait until the java-pkg-dojar function is implemented, as it isn't found in the eclass.

Just stick to 4.2, there probably aren't any new features for you to upgrade to. If you don't know how, just add >app-editors/jedit-4.2 to /etc/portage/package.mask.

-Monkey
Sorcerer'sApprentice
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The function java-pkg-dojar should be java-pkg_dojar, and is located in the java-pkg eclass. However, this is only the start of the problems. I gave up trying to fix it. This really should have been tested before being added to portage.

Douglas Adams
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: