View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v0n
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 1:48 am    Post subject: KDE 3.1rc6 mouse focus Reply with quote

Since I upgraded to KDE 3.1 my mouse cursor steals focus inside every window. Windows behaviour is set to "Click to focus", so activation of the windows themselves is not a problem, but within the clicked and activated window the focus is always under the cursor - for example - while typing this message I knocked the mouse with a palm of my hand, cursor moved over "Quick search" form on the top of this page and my typing automatically was moved over there. It's highly dumb idea and enourmously annoying to anyone with limited desk space, hence my question - is there any way to change this stupid mouse behaviour in KDE 3.1 to something more.. hmmm... never thought I would say that - Microsoftish?
Alowishus
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm seeing this in Konqueror. Most notable in HTML forms, and it *is* very annoying. Seems to be new with RC6, and I haven't found a way of turning it off yet.

I don't mind KDE adding stuff like this, even if it is "Microsoftish," just as long as they let us turn it off ;)
phong
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I don't see this in RC5 (but as Alowishus said, it could be new with RC6), could you try running through the "Desktop Settings Wizard" under "Settings" on the K menu?
cbrese
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noticed the same behavior with rc6, it is very annoying. If I can't turn if off I'll probably get used to it, but I hope I don't have to.
wzzrd
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, I can confirm this too. Let's call it a bug and have someone remove it ;)
Ozymandias
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whell, I can confirm the behaviour, but I am quite sure it was in kde 3.0 too. At least when scrolling through a HTML page, text boxes, drop down boxes etc would get the mouse foucus as they passed under the cursor, very annoying. But it does seem like it got more agressive.

my 2 cents.

greetz Ozy
phong
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can verify that I've seen the Konq drop down box (and other form fields) problem with the scroll wheel, and it is indeed very annoying when a page has javascript that fires you off to some other page when the drop box scrolls. I don't know if this is intentional or not. A search for "scroll wheel" on bugs.kde.org brings up a number of issues.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: