View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cuallito
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: CVS Xfree86 make doesn't work Reply with quote

I'm following the guide on these forums on how to get your savage video card working with DRI (https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-147440-highlight-savage+dri.html). One of the first things that you have to do is make the CVS Xfree. Thats where I get stuck.

Code:

root@titan kernel # make -f Makefile.linux
make -C /lib/modules/2.6.10-gentoo-r6/build  SUBDIRS=`pwd` DRMSRCDIR=`pwd` modules
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.10-gentoo-r6'
  CC [M]  /xc/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/linux/drm/kernel/gamma_drv.o
In file included from /xc/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/linux/drm/kernel/gamma_drv.c:40:
/xc/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/linux/drm/kernel/drm_agpsupport.h: In function `gamma_agp_uninit':
/xc/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/linux/drm/kernel/drm_agpsupport.h:432: warning: `inter_module_put' is deprecated (declared at include/linux/module.h:582)
In file included from /xc/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/linux/drm/kernel/gamma_drv.c:57:
/xc/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/linux/drm/kernel/drm_vm.h: At top level:
/xc/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/linux/drm/kernel/drm_vm.h:41: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
/xc/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/linux/drm/kernel/drm_vm.h:48: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
/xc/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/linux/drm/kernel/drm_vm.h:55: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
/xc/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/linux/drm/kernel/drm_vm.h:62: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
/xc/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/linux/drm/kernel/drm_vm.h: In function `gamma_vm_nopage':
/xc/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/linux/drm/kernel/drm_vm.h:133: error: structure has no member named `count'
/xc/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/linux/drm/kernel/drm_vm.h: In function `gamma_mmap':
/xc/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/linux/drm/kernel/drm_vm.h:566: warning: `remap_page_range' is deprecated (declared at include/linux/mm.h:770)
In file included from /xc/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/linux/drm/kernel/gamma_drv.c:58:
/xc/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/linux/drm/kernel/drm_stub.h: In function `gamma_stub_putminor':
/xc/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/linux/drm/kernel/drm_stub.h:145: warning: `inter_module_put' is deprecated (declared at include/linux/module.h:582)
/xc/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/linux/drm/kernel/drm_stub.h:147: warning: `inter_module_unregister' is deprecated (declared at include/linux/module.h:578)
/xc/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/linux/drm/kernel/drm_stub.h: In function `gamma_stub_register':
/xc/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/linux/drm/kernel/drm_stub.h:188: warning: `inter_module_register' is deprecated (declared at include/linux/module.h:577)
make[2]: *** [/xc/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/linux/drm/kernel/gamma_drv.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [_module_/xc/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/linux/drm/kernel] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.10-gentoo-r6'
make: *** [modules] Error 2

Someone suggested that the Xfree code is mixing with the Xorg code, I had Xorg on my system at the time so I did an emerge -C xorg-x11 and I still have this same problem AND no X client :( How do I get this thing to build?
psychomunky
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 1:13 pm Post subject: HOW-TO: ProSavage, SuperSavage DDR and dri-drm 3d drivers

That tutorial is almost a year old.....since then gentoo (and most of the linux community) has moved to xorg-x11 instead of xfree. Also since that tut is so old it is quite likely that xorg has everything you need in it now, so you shouldn't need the CVS version.
cuallito
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure? If so, do you know how to do it? I've tried with Xorg11 and had no success.
psychomunky
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure the tutorial is that old, yes...

I am not sure how to get DRI working with you card, as I do not have a Savage, However, I have seen things over on http://www.gentoo-wiki.com on such things, so you may wish to try your luck there.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: