View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
taveren
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Import/migrate Mozilla saved passwords. Reply with quote

My Mozilla profile was pretty much broken. My preferences windows wasn't populated with any data, which meant I couldn't even change anything. So I backed up my profile and started a new one. I followed the instructions (copy <random number>.s file over and change prefs.js to point to it), but it doesn't work. It will not recognize any of the passwords in that file. I can add new passwords to this file, but old ones will not work. I can't even import it into Firefox using its import features.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can get these recovered? I'm not even sure I can use my old profile anymore because I've deleted my .mozilla directory and started over again. Course, my old profile wouldn't let me see the passwords anyways, since none of the preferences were available.
taveren
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apologies everyone. No sooner had I pressed Submit that I remember all of my passwords were encrypted, and you can't read a encryption without the private key!

For anyone that sees this, you need to copy your old key3.db and cert.db files over to the new profile if you have your passwords encrypted. Its possible you don't need both however.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: