AMD64 Install
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pizentios
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: AMD64 Install Reply with quote

Hey,

A little info about the box that i am installing into:

2 AMD Optrons
3GB RAM
Tyan Thunder K8QS Pro
LSI MegaRAID 150-6D ---> 4 300GB SATA Drives.

Anyways, when i boot the LiveCD if i don't pass any options along to the kernel (like doscsi), the LiveCD will boot fine. But the problem is that it doesn't see my RAID array. I have been searching for any information in reguards to LSI MegaRAID's and gentoo, but all i seem to be able to fine is a few posts here and there with somebody saying that they have one working....I have yet to find anything about how to get them to the working state. Anyways, when i try passing the doscsi to the kernel at boot, everything seems to be ok untill the part where it starts scaning for modules. It get's through about 10 of em, then when it gets to sata_sis it seems like it hangs. I have let it sit for like 10 mins (heh, i am a little impatient). Should i wait longer? Or is there something wrong with my LiveCD? It's freashly burned so i am doubting it. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance as well.
dacha_san
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: AMD64 Install Reply with quote

Pizentios wrote:
Hey,

A little info about the box that i am installing into:

2 AMD Optrons
3GB RAM
Tyan Thunder K8QS Pro
LSI MegaRAID 150-6D ---> 4 300GB SATA Drives.

Anyways, when i boot the LiveCD if i don't pass any options along to the kernel (like doscsi), the LiveCD will boot fine. But the problem is that it doesn't see my RAID array. I have been searching for any information in reguards to LSI MegaRAID's and gentoo, but all i seem to be able to fine is a few posts here and there with somebody saying that they have one working....I have yet to find anything about how to get them to the working state. Anyways, when i try passing the doscsi to the kernel at boot, everything seems to be ok untill the part where it starts scaning for modules. It get's through about 10 of em, then when it gets to sata_sis it seems like it hangs. I have let it sit for like 10 mins (heh, i am a little impatient). Should i wait longer? Or is there something wrong with my LiveCD? It's freashly burned so i am doubting it. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance as well.

When U boot from LiveCD try to pass to kernel the option NOAPIC without doscsi

Good luck
Pizentios
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a 64 bit ubuntu LiveCD that is working perfectly for me, but thanks for the input.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: