Gentoo 2005.0 or 2004.3 ??
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dapsaille
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Gentoo 2005.0 or 2004.3 ?? Reply with quote

Hi everybody ^^

.. I'm a furious user of my notebook so does i need to wait 2005.0 or it will be like 2004.3 with bugfixes ??
I mean i like play quake engines games, ut2004 doom3 and others emulators .. yes i'm a player .. and i love too use Quanta and wine for dreamweaver ..

Humm i like to have bluetooth and wifi working together .. and the better i have a radeon 9700 so .. as you can read i'm not the really good profile for amd64 ^^ .. but i want it :twisted: So do you think the 2005.0 will resolve parts of the currents problems in AMD64 ? (lib32 and 64 :roll: ) and let us use our computer like in 32 bit environement ??

Maybee my question can be stupid for you but .. shame on me ... i'm writing this message from win XP familial edition (ha yea i love dual screen too ^^)
and i want gentoo back but in good conditions ^^
inode77
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing you have to understand is that 2005.0 is allready out a long time just not as livecd. If you do an install with 2004.3, change your profie to 2005.0 and do a sync followed by a update world you get a ~ 2005.0 installation.
Problems you are refering to are resolved on a daily basis, so give it a try and decide if gentoo can give you what you need.
Always rember that the OS is "just" (no disripect inteded in any way regarding OS soft/dev!) a tool that should enable you to do your work/entertainment more easily. So use whatever you're most productive and comfortable with.
Quote:
gentoo back but in good conditions

Gentoo is always in a good condition ;-)
dapsaille
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks for your response ...

Any howto around for using 2004.3 livecd with 2005.0 profile ?

And i know that gentoo is what we want and need but sometime you're really frustrated ... and go to the obscure force ....

well .. i hope the gentoo 2005 can give me a breath with my amd 64 ^^

Thanks again

EDIT= i've found the doc for go from 2004.3 > 2005 ... but i think it's too hazardous and i don't wanna install 2004.3 from stage1 for go to 2005 (no gentoo installed on notebook) so i will wait for official livecd .. any date :D ?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: