Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
PCMCIA/WPC11/Revisited...sorry, but desperate.....
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smithellis
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2003 2:55 pm    Post subject: PCMCIA/WPC11/Revisited...sorry, but desperate..... Reply with quote

I have googled and forumed myself to death, and need some help.

I have removed the PCMCIA stuff from the kernel, emerged pcmcia-cs, emerged wireless-tools. If I start the computer with the card in, it will see the card.

I can get iwconfig to show me the card, but I can't get it to grab an IP or otherwise do anything useful.

I don't want to re-emerge everything, as all my stuff seem sto be working to some degree (have re-emerged everythin according to the 9 other posts about this). I'm evidently just not getting something simple, or not configuring the wireless card correctly? Are there any KDE utilities that would show me the card, whether it is getting a signal at all (heck, this could be a problem with my WAP, and I'd never know).....

Help Help.

Smitty
shadow303
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try emerging linux-wlan-ng and following the configuration instructions that it mentions. I haven't actually used the ebuild, but those were the drivers I used when I had Gentoo on my laptop (it is currently infected with that *other* pc os).
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: