fuhquake-gl.glx crashes on startup
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wudmx
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: fuhquake-gl.glx crashes on startup Reply with quote

Hi,
I installed fuhquake-bin today, and /usr/games/bin/fuhquake.x11 worked but this is Quake without glx support. To get better performance I tried fuhquake-gl.glx, but this one crashes right after giving me some "LibGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual ..." After that comes: "Error: Broken "libjpeg.so" library - required function missing.

Well, after searching a bit I've found out that I should do the following: export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/lib"
If I start the game now (fuhquake-gl.glx) I get a new error message: "Xlib: extension "XFree86-DGA" missing on display ":0.0".
Well, that's correct. I do not have DGA. So running the game with option -nodga is my current status! some libGL warnings mentioned above, after that comes the quake window (shortly), this window crashes and a last output line appears: "Received signal 11, exiting..."

Do you know the problem?

I'm using a 3dfx Voodoo 3 2000 (AGP), Direct Rendering is enabled! More system information: xorg 7.0-r1, vanilla-sources 2.6.17.6
If you wanna know more, let me know!

Thanks in advance for your help!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: