View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Immortal Q
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:28 am    Post subject: Entrance -> Console option? Reply with quote

Is there any way I can create some kind of session to drop me out of X and into a console from Entrance? I'm new to this whole X thing, the vast majority of my linux experience being on headless servers. I've got entrance starting on boot, and I can log into a very pretty enlightenment desktop just fine, but I'd like to be able to get back into the console when I want. I haven't quite got used to Eterm/Xterm thing just yet...

Come to think of it, once I'm in the console, what's the best way to get back into entrance? Or should I just do a startx/enlightenment-session?
shouldbesleeping
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well entrance opens in console 7, so if you press ctrl+alt+f1(2,3,4,5,or 6) It will put you in an open console.
just ctrl+alt+f7 to go back to entrance.

And by the way, using e-term or Konsole is just as functional as going to another console.
Immortal Q
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip - wouldn't have thought of that, and it works great. Too bad my LCD display has a ~25pixel discrepancy between the framebuffer and X resolution settings (meaning I lose a bit of the left side of the console if it's set properly for X)

Seeing as my main system is OSX, I haven't quite gotten used to the Linux GUI terminal apps yet - I still need to get font/scrolling behavior the way I like it. Hoorays for man Eterm...
shouldbesleeping
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a problem. I'm a N00b myself. Glad to share what little info I know.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: