View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrbriggs
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: inspiron 700m, s-video and desktop switching problem Reply with quote

Hi All

I've managed to get s-video working on my inspiron 700m (x.org), using RightOf, but it's not exactly the optimal configuration. Basically I need to get a configuration working that my wife can use to play Hi5 movies (if you've got a 2 year old you'll know what I'm talking about), but she's a Mac user and I doubt she'll be able to figure out how to get the mouse off the LCD desktop and onto the TV desktop, then be able to run mplayer or whatever.

Ideally I would've liked to have the same desktop displayed on both LCD and TV, but I haven't been able to find a configuration that works successfully. Closest I've come was using xinerama, but that screwed up the resolution on the TV output.
Next best would be an x layout (or conf) that only outputs to the TV, but I've only managed to get that working once, by fluke, and when I tried it a second time it didn't work again (is it just me or is X configuration about as arcane a science as is possible?).

Has anyone else had any luck with s-video on a 700m? Failing that does anyone know how to switch between X screens from the command line if I set up a ServerLayout in xorg.conf with 2 screens, without using RightOf (i.e. you can't reach screen 1 using the mouse).

Any advice welcome.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: