View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mhill
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:41 am    Post subject: Weird Xorg behavior - crashes when *exiting* X Reply with quote

I've been running Mandrake on my work laptop for a little over three years. Last week I finally had time to build a Gentoo installation on a spare hard drive and get it configured to be useful for work. I first got Xorg working on the builtin LCD (1024x768) and have had no problems with that. When I exit X, it dumps back to vc/1.

Well, I took it to the office at the beginning of this week. I have an external monitor (1280x1024), and I was able to get it working on that without too much trouble. Now the weird thing is that when I exit X, the monitor display goes to a low-rez looking vertical colored lines pattern (usually) or occasionally just stays black. I never see the vc/1 display, and no typing (including ctl-alt-del) has any effect. One time, I selected reboot when exiting xfce, and it proceeded to do so even though I couldn't see any of the shutdown, but more recently I tried that again and it didn't reboot; it just locked up, and I had to power off.

Any idea what the problem could be??

Desktop: Intel i7-3930K, 16GB DDR3, 1x 240GB SSD, 2x 3TB SATA, GeForce GTX660Ti, TSSTcorp SH-S203N
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: